Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #181
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@PoP: No layout engine, so if there's space to print it, it'll get printed [snip]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
[snip]Text layout is HARD[snip]... 'proper' text layout[snip]
Yeah, certainly out of scope, fbink's "print crap on the screen" doesn't require exact proper layout
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #182
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v1.9.3!

Fairly minor release, added detection of the couple new PW4 that cropped up in the latest FW updates, and right-padding support in the fixed-cell codepath.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:14 AM   #183
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released v1.10.0!

With a few fixes & features .

Imported the Terminus font family, because why not ;p.
Fixed a stupid regression (since v1.9.3) that could cause undefined behavior with certain unicode codepoints and the default font.
Allow requesting hardware dithering (provided the device actually supports it, i.e., everything since the KOA2 (KOA2, PW4)), mainly useful for images when you're not sure they're preprocessed properly .
Updated the UTF-8 routines, should be safer, and a tiny bit faster. Invalid UTF-8 sequences will now be *rejected*!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:05 PM   #184
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.1!

Mainly a hotfix release to fix yet another default font scaling regression (since v1.8.0): the default font size was a tad too large on 6" 300dpi devices (i.e., a crapload of Kindles (KV, KOA, PW3, PW4) ).
Old 02-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #185
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.2!

A minor maintenance release, which does include a fix for extra kerning being applied to fonts with both a GPOS kerning table and an old-style kern table.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #186
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Maths Is Hard / Oink! ...Evolving again

I desperately need to catch up (I'm still trying to figure out how to use the -I mode, and what the -D actually improves)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:29 PM   #187
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@NiLuJe
Did I get it correctly that the link you provided above contains only the source code of FBink?
I recently got a new FBink binary for Kindle from your updated USBnetwork snapshot.
I don't want to compile it at every release
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #188
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@NiLuJe
Did I get it correctly that the link you provided above contains only the source code of FBink?
I recently got a new FBink binary for Kindle from your updated USBnetwork snapshot.
I don't want to compile it at every release
First post has binaries.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 AM   #189
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh wow! Missed it so easily. Thank you!

One more question: I replaced binaries on kindle in libkh folder and inside USBnetwork's bin folder. Are there any other places I should replace binaries in?
Old 02-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #190
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
One more question: I replaced binaries on kindle in libkh folder and inside USBnetwork's bin folder. Are there any other places I should replace binaries in?
I know linkss (screensaver) and koreader both have their own copies, too. Why not just do a file search for fbink on your Kindle? That's probably the easiest way to find all copies.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:37 AM   #191
mergen3107
Wizard

Ok :
Old 02-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #192
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP:

-I is basically a very crappy command prompt ;p.
-D is useful for unprocessed images, as long as you have a KOA2 or a PW4, because it won't do anything on earlier devices .

@mergen3107: Yep, there's one in each hack's bin folder, plus libkh.
Note that only USBNet has a "full" build like the ones in the first post, as hacks' only need a MINIMAL build for logging, and the latest release has exactly *zero* changes affecting MINIMAL builds .

(And the latest snapshots should be running 1.10.1, or the commit right before the tag, i.e., functionally identical).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-08-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #193
mergen3107
Wizard

Ok! Thanks
Old 02-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #194
NiLuJe
BLAM!

In short, I tend to rebuild snapshots if there's a relevant change somewhere, you should never have to do the manual cherry-picking update dance (unless you want to, of course ) .
Old 02-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #195
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.3!

A few fixes with OT/TTF rendering in some corner-cases (overlapping pixels, glyph clipping on line edge), as well as an actual fix for kerning, since I utterly borked it in v1.10.2... -_-".

Tags
eips, fbink