Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-30-2019, 01:10 AM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Can't do add_format anymore

Dear Kovid,

I use this command line to push (update) epub from Windows PC to Calibre content server on Raspberry Pie powered by ArchLinuxArm

Code:
calibredb.exe add_format --with-library=<my remote Calibre> --username=<me> --password=<my password> <bookid> book.epub
It always worked, but I got this to day.

Code:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
  HTTP Error 400: Bad Request (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 101, in main
  File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\main.py", line 255, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\main.py", line 55, in run_cmd
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\cmd_add_format.py", line 56, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\main.py", line 191, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\main.py", line 213, in remote_run
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 310, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
The server is still running.

If you implement "update/delete formats", this is no longer my issue.

I tried to use SSH too. The following command line used to work too (I always copy and paste, change only the bookid.

Code:
calibredb add_format <id> "/home/alarm/update/update.epub" --with-library=http://localhost:port/#Library --username=xxx --password=yyy
I got this
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibredb", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 255, in main
    return run_cmd(cmd, opts, args[1:], DBCtx(opts))
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 55, in run_cmd
    ret = m.main(opts, args, dbctx)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/cmd_add_format.py", line 56, in main
    if not dbctx.run('add_format', id, dbctx.path(path), fmt, opts.replace):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 191, in run
    return self.remote_run(name, m, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 213, in remote_run
    res = self.br.open_novisit(rq)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 238, in open_novisit
    url_or_request, data, visit=False, timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 309, in _mech_open
    raise response
mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

Last edited by nqk; 01-30-2019 at 01:25 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what versions of calibre do you have on the ARm and windows machines? IIRC this was a bug in some older versions of calibre. Update on both and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

The latest one. I did pacman -Suy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2019, 09:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Downgrade python2-msgpack on your server to 0.5.6 and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:04 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

I did system update today and all is fine.

🤗

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk