Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Threw my Paperwhite on the floor...

I am almost 77-year old and find I'm spending more and more time reading in the bathroom. This morning as I got up I fumbled my Paperwhite. I grabbed for it and sent it sailing out the door. It landed eight feet away on a tile floor.

Fortunately, with the Amazon Kindle cover it was undamaged. Thank goodness, that cover was designed to protect the Paperwhite and not to personalize your device.

Thanks, Kindle. For my Paperwhite cover.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I am almost 77-year old and find I'm spending more and more time reading in the bathroom. This morning as I got up I fumbled my Paperwhite. I grabbed for it and sent it sailing out the door. It landed eight feet away on a tile floor.

Fortunately, with the Amazon Kindle cover it was undamaged. Thank goodness, that cover was designed to protect the Paperwhite and not to personalize your device.

Thanks, Kindle. For my Paperwhite cover.
Almost falls under TMI lol. But glad cover saved your Kindle!
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Case for kids & folks that cant grip things!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:05 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I'm very happy to hear that. Years ago (before I bought a cover) I went to set my Nook ST on the mantel, it fell on to the brick fireplace, flipped over and skittered across the tile floor. It ended up with a small nick on the side of it, but otherwise it worked fine. From then on I've used cases/covers for my eReaders.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #5
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm very happy to hear that. Years ago (before I bought a cover) I went to set my Nook ST on the mantel, it fell on to the brick fireplace, flipped over and skittered across the tile floor. It ended up with a small nick on the side of it, but otherwise it worked fine. From then on I've used cases/covers for my eReaders.
Before the days of lighted Kindles, I fumbled my Kindle and as I grabbed for it I sent it into the wall like a handball. Cracked the screen top to bottom and that was with a case on.

There is no way I'd have a $323 Kindle with no protective case. That's the cost in Mexico. I have no desire to "personalize" my Kindle. I think my selection of books does that. I want my Kindle protected and still very usable.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Barbara, that case doesn't seem to be available on the UK Amazon site. This is a shame as many people in the UK would appreciate it.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote