Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #1411
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
I much preferred The Elenium and The Tamuli to The Belgariad. The former are still in my possession, the latter aren’t.
I still have the Belgariad, Malloreon, Elenium and Tamuli series. OTOH, I no longer have the Dreamers series. The only standalone novel he/they wrote that I still have is The Redemption of Althalus which I enjoyed but is very reminiscent of his other books.

I will admit I was hooked on the Belgariad about 10 pages into Pawn of Prophecy back in late 1982 and recently reread the decalogy.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:17 PM   #1412
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Kindle Countdown deal for $.99 next two days.

Jay Allan’s Complete Portal Wars Trilogy...
Spoiler:
Erastus. An unimaginable nightmare. A searing hot world, covered with cracked, burning deserts and sweltering jungles. A hostile planet far from Earth, it was the most hellish place men have ever tried to survive. Called Gehenna by the condemned men sent to fight there, it forged the few who survived its murderous battles into the strongest soldiers in history.

Jake Taylor is one of those men, a young New Hampshire farmer and an unlikely soldier. But mankind was fighting the alien Tegeri and their bio-mechanical cyborg soldiers, and UN Central needed men…men to go to war on hostile worlds like Erastus.

Jake wasn’t given a choice, not a real one. He found himself torn from home and family, conscripted for life and shipped to Erastus to take his place in the battle lines, never to return. In this alien hell, Taylor and his cybernetically-enhanced comrades fight their never-ending war against the servants of the Tegeri, the manufactured soldiers they call simply, the Machines.

Jake survives battle after battle, rising steadily through the ranks, giving all to the desperate fight to save Earth. But endless combat in hell carries a cost, and Taylor can feel himself losing what little is left of his spirit, his humanity. When he finally discovers a terrible secret…that everything he’d believed, all he’d fought for his entire life, was nothing but a monstrous lie, he must decide who is the real enemy, and how far he is willing to go to right a horrific wrong.

And if he does what he must to prevail against overwhelming odds and win the final victory, will he be able to control the growing madness inside…or will he be become the very thing he has sworn to destroy?

This collection includes the entire Portal Wars trilogy (3 complete novels):

Gehenna Dawn
The Ten Thousand
Homefront

Have read the first book and enjoyed it.
Highly recommend.

bernie
You convinced me, I picked it up for 99 cents.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 AM   #1413
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The wind wends whither it wills. Carried along, it gave me chills. Dropped me yonder and then moved on. Lost at the doors of amazon.com.

Algis Budrys Michaelmas for $1.99

Clifford Simak The Thing in the Stone: And Other Stories for $1.99

James Blish A Case of Conscience for $1.99

Randall Garrett Too Many Magicians (Lord Darcy Book 2) for $2.99

Last edited by Fluribus; 02-02-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #1414
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
You convinced me, I picked it up for 99 cents.
Me Too! even though the book (and most of Allan's stuff), and I, are both on KU. That 10 book limit at a time, sometimes just isn't enough!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #1415
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
The wind wends whither it wills. Carried along, it gave me chills. Dropped me yonder and then moved on. Lost at the doors of amazon.com.

Algis Budrys Michaelmas for $1.99

Clifford Simak The Thing in the Stone: And Other Stories for $1.99

James Blish A Case of Conscience for $1.99

Randall Garrett Too Many Magicians (Lord Darcy Book 2) for $2.99
How did you find them ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #1416
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
How did you find them ?
I saw The Thing in the Stone in an Open Road Media daily ebook deals email.

I would like to point out that the Randall Garrett's Too Many Magicians as well as all of the short stories in the two Lord Darcy anthologies sold by Jabberwocky Literary Agency are included in the Baen book Lord Darcy from 2002, which unfortunately is no longer for sale. If you bought the ebook at Webscriptions when it was available, there is no reason to buy any of them now.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #1417
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy, Book 1) - $1.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DI7HZ6
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #1418
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
How did you find them ?
I check my wish list for discounted prices. Going to the listing, I often find other discounts in the suggested titles. Fairly haphazard.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #1419
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I check my wish list for discounted prices. Going to the listing, I often find other discounts in the suggested titles. Fairly haphazard.
Thanks! I thought you had some peculiar research algorithm as the books seemed quite random. Still there were a couple of very good suggestions.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #1420
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The Blue Sword (Damar #1) by Robin McKinley is $1.99 at most retailers. This Fanta-Roma has a GR rating of 4.24.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=7J67CwAAQBAJ
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #1421
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The Blue Sword (Damar #1) by Robin McKinley is $1.99 at most retailers. This Fanta-Roma has a GR rating of 4.24.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=7J67CwAAQBAJ

Not available in the UK.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:41 AM   #1422
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Child of Earth by E. C. Tubb is currently half price (£2.49) at Amazon UK.

This is the 33rd and last in his Dumarest Saga.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #1423
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Greg Bear's Dinosaur Summer is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon.

Remember Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, in which an expedition led by Professor George Edward Challenger discovered an Amazonian plateau where dinosaurs still roamed? In Dinosaur Summer, Greg Bear assumes that Challenger's expedition really took place, and that for nearly 50 years dinosaurs have been relatively commonplace in zoos and circuses throughout the world. But the beasts are not easily kept in captivity, and slowly but surely their numbers are dwindling. Now there is only one dinosaur circus left, and it's shutting down. The dinosaur trainer wants to return his animals to the wild, so an expedition is organized to return the dinos to their nearly inaccessible plateau. Accompanying the group (which includes special-effects master Ray Harryhausen) is 15-year-old Peter Belzoni, the son of the National Geographic photographer covering the story. The boy is about to have the adventure of a lifetime.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #1424
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
The eight-volume Star Trek: Typhon Pact series is currently on sale for 99 cents each from Simon & Schuster and at other retailers. Some of the books haven't yet been discounted on Amazon, but they're getting there. (Three were discounted when I looked earlier today, two more have joined them since, and I have faith that the remaining three will follow soon. Yes, I've filed "lower price found" reports on them.)

Kobo US shows all eight on sale, but be wary of the three-book compilation that has not been discounted anywhere.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #1425
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
The eight-volume Star Trek: Typhon Pact series is currently on sale for 99 cents each from Simon & Schuster and at other retailers. Some of the books haven't yet been discounted on Amazon, but they're getting there. (Three were discounted when I looked earlier today, two more have joined them since, and I have faith that the remaining three will follow soon. Yes, I've filed "lower price found" reports on them.)

Kobo US shows all eight on sale, but be wary of the three-book compilation that has not been discounted anywhere.
Price is supposed to be good until March 4th.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote