Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 06:49 AM   #136
jemsoo7
jemsoo7 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mr DaltonST is THE guru whose energy should be focused on development of BUGS and NEW features. PLEASE SOMEONE COULD make a tutorial video on youtube or whatelse detailing CLEARLY the baby steps!~.... I use to make video tutorials and will do one after my exams in august this year on my youtube channel - jeanpaulruche. I SINCERELY think that someone can DO such a simple thing! after the IMMENSE benefit we have gathered from MR DaltonST we can duly spare him this task.... What does the community think?
jemsoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #137
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bohemian Rapsody

@jemsoo7:

Your youtube "Bohemian Rapsody (Farouk Bulsara) Sung by Jean Paul Ruche", "Ave Maria Sung by Jean Paul Ruche", "Thriller by Michael Jackson Sung by Jean Paul Ruche" and the rest are quite entertaining. You are fearless. Good job.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #138
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Hi,
i just did my first steps with QuarantineAndScrub.

I created a book record with
author: Joseph R. Smith
authors_sort: Smith, Joseph R.

I think it is correct and valid for Q&S (?) because i found similar examples in the _global_authors table

I marked the book and did a:
"Copy Valid Q&S Real Authors to Q&S Pristine Author Validation Table [Selected Books]"

A view in the sqlite database:
_prestine_authors:
name: Joseph R. Smith
sort: R., Joseph

I think sort should be Smith, Joseph R.

Is this a bug?

Last edited by AnselmD; 01-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #139
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. The values in that table are first modified whenever Author Level Scrubbing is executed because that is the process that uses it to scrub Work Authors. Q&S is about scrubbing, not displaying.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:03 AM   #140
AnselmD
Zealot

I am not able to find "Copy Valid Q&S Real Authors to Q&S Pristine Author Validation Table [Selected Books]" in the user guide.

Can you please give me a hint in which chapter i can find it?
Advert
Old 01-28-2017, 06:11 AM   #141
AnselmD
Zealot

What is your way to create an empty prestine library?
Old 01-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #142
DaltonST
Deviser

How to Create a Pristine Library

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnselmD View Post
What is your way to create an empty prestine library?
There is only one way to create an empty Calibre library: through the standard Calibre menu icon. Your new Pristine Library should not be a Q&S library. It should be 100% standard Calibre. See the attached image.

A Pristine Library is just a standard Calibre library whose books all have metadata that is "pristine", meaning "flawless", "pure", "unblemished", "clean".

Q&S libraries are meant for books with trashed-out metadata.

Pristine libraries are meant for "perfect" books with "perfect" metadata.

Quote:
I am not able to find "Copy Valid Q&S Real Authors to Q&S Pristine Author Validation Table [Selected Books]" in the user guide.
1. Read the menu ToolTip for that menu item.

2. See page 10 of 56, Step 3, Menu Item 5 in the User Guide.

3. In Calibre in your Q&S Library, use your mouse to select books with Real Authors that you deem to be "Pristine" that should be copied to the Pristine Author Validation Table to supplement the Global Author Table that currently has over 20,000 Authors. If you add a Pristine Author that is already in the Global Author Table, it will be deleted from the Pristine Author Table the next time that Author Level Scrubbing is executed.

4. Click the menu item to do the copy.

It would be a good idea to reread the entire Original Post, including its reference links, and peruse the file attachments to gain an understanding of what resources are available within the Original Post.

Note that as the Original Post says, this add-on is intended for use only by "Advanced Calibre Users" who are somewhat technical in nature, comfortable with ambiguity, essentially autodidactic, and also fluent in Calibre's functionality and library architecture.

The key word above is "autodidactic".

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Choose your calibre library.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	154565  
Old 01-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #143
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
There is only one way to create an empty Calibre library: through the standard Calibre menu icon. Your new Pristine Library should not be a Q&S library. It should be 100% standard Calibre. See the attached image.

A Pristine Library is just a standard Calibre library whose books all have metadata that is "pristine", meaning "flawless", "pure", "unblemished", "clean".

Q&S libraries are meant for books with trashed-out metadata.

Pristine libraries are meant for "perfect" books with "perfect" metadata.
Thank you, i think you should emphasize it in your documentation.

Quote:
1. Read the menu ToolTip for that menu item.

2. See page 10 of 56, Step 3, Menu Item 5 in the User Guide.
Quote:
3. In Calibre in your Q&S Library, use your mouse to select books with Real Authors that you deem to be "Pristine" that should be copied to the Pristine Author Validation Table to supplement the Global Author Table that currently has over 20,000 Authors. If you add a Pristine Author that is already in the Global Author Table, it will be deleted from the Pristine Author Table the next time that Author Level Scrubbing is executed.

4. Click the menu item to do the copy.
This is really a good description, you should put it in your user guide. This make it much better!

Quote:
It would be a good idea to reread the entire Original Post, including its reference links, and peruse the file attachments to gain an understanding of what resources are available within the Original Post.

Note that as the Original Post says, this add-on is intended for use only by "Advanced Calibre Users" who are somewhat technical in nature, comfortable with ambiguity, essentially autodidactic, and also fluent in Calibre's functionality and library architecture.

The key word above is "autodidactic".
Programmers are often blind of there gaps in the own documentation.

You have written a complex, very interesting, plugin, so a documentation is not easy. You should take the questions of the users to make your documentation better.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:26 AM   #144
RandyR
RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab 3
Plugins and Preferences suddenly aren't available in my QuarantineAndScrub library, so I can't finish swapping work titles and authors for real titles and authors.
Is the library just corrupted and I have to start over? When I switch back to my main library I get my plugins back. This happened after I restarted the computer. When I started Calibre again, it acted like I had just installed it.
I'm just going to copy everything back the way it is and delete the new library and start again I guess.

edit: FFS, because Calibre wasn't maximized, there was no down-arrow to open the second row of icons that Q&S was in, along with Preferences

Last edited by RandyR; 10-16-2017 at 08:45 AM.
RandyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:41 AM   #145
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Question Metadata_db_Swap_Instructions for Calibre 3.23

For_Technical_Users_Only__Metadata_db_Swap_Instruc tions.txt
Step 5C

Quote:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Target.series SELECT * FROM main.series;
no such function: title_sort: INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Target.series SELECT * FROM main.series;

Running Calibre 3.23
DB Browser for SQL Lite

and i open the Target Library, the series still blank, which not copied from the main.series

Or would you confirm the instruction of the metadata swap instruction still working or not for the latest calibre?
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:48 AM   #146
DaltonST
Deviser

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1441811746

Did you read the attachment about Triggers that is a companion to the one you quote?

DaltonST
Old 05-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #147
yonkyunior
Cultivator

Quote:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1441811746

Did you read the attachment about Triggers that is a companion to the one you quote?

DaltonST

Quote:
Step 5D:

CLOSE the Pristine db in your SQL tool. CONNECT the Target library by itself. Then run this sql:

CREATE TRIGGER books_insert_trg AFTER INSERT ON books
BEGIN
UPDATE books SET sort=title_sort(NEW.title),uuid=uuid4() WHERE id=NEW.id;
END;
This? i don't know the order related to this, should it be execute in beginning or after what steps?

Quote:
In Release 2.37 of Standard Calibre this was changed, and it too must be DROPPed and then reCREATEd too:

CREATE TRIGGER series_insert_trg
AFTER INSERT ON series
BEGIN
UPDATE series SET sort=title_sort(NEW.name) WHERE id=NEW.id;
END

title_sort() is user-defined.
----------------------

Step 5:

DROP trigger series_insert_trg;

i think i miss this..

tq

Last edited by yonkyunior; 05-11-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #148
DaltonST
Deviser

These 2 Attachments have the name "For Technical Users Only" in them. It would be dangerous, or at least a total waste of time, for someone to use them if they were not "Technical Users".

DaltonST
Old 05-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #149
yonkyunior
Cultivator

yep, i am no technical users.
i 've tried this to reduce time adding ebook to q&s library.

i've another Q&S lib for just adding books, but theres a library that i maintain before i am using Q&S, i want to tried to do this. soo its like that.

Is there metadata swap instruction to custom column?

Last edited by yonkyunior; 05-11-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #150
DaltonST
Deviser

Custom Columns in Calibre have a sequential number assigned when table custom_columns is updated for a new CC. Your "Target" metadata.db has none of your CCs, so there is no Target CC for you to copy from Main to Target (yet). After you have totally updated all of your books and their Standard Metadata in the Target, you could copy a book from Main and have Calibre automatically create whichever CCs you wish. Then, they would exist. You would then have to add new SQL that is specific to the CC number in your Main and the CC number in your Target. They will NOT be the same, since the Q&S Target metadata.db comes with a dozen "standard" Q&S "work" CCs.

Depending on the datatype of your Target CC, you will have either 1 or 2 CC tables.

Those with only 1 CC table: have book id in the table. One line of SQL suffices for this type.
Code:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO custom_column_[N] (id,book,value) VALUES (null,?,?)

do a commit here...unless your SQL tool does it automatically for you after each SQL end of statement, ";".

Those with 2 CC tables: have a "values" table that does NOT have book id in it, and then a table that "links" the book to the "values" table. 2 lines of SQL are required for this type of CC. The first line must always be for the "values" table, and the second line for the "link" table. The value must already exist before it can be used in the second line, so the first line's database updates must be committed after the first line and before the second line.

Code:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO custom_column_N (id,value) VALUES (null,?)

do a commit here...unless your SQL tool does it automatically for you after each SQL end of statement, ";".

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO books_custom_column_N_link (id, book, value) VALUES (null,?,?)

Note:  The value of the link table is NOT the value of the values table; it is the "id" of the values table having the real value that each book uses.

You see why this is for Technical Users, since it is up to you to figure out how to replace the "?"s with the correct SQL logic.

Hint 1: you will find the generic answer if you look at the SQL for table "books_authors_link", and use that as a pattern for your CCs having 2 tables.

Hint 2: for CCs with only a single table, use the SQL for table "identifiers" as the example.

There are web sites that can teach you SQLite SQL, such as http://www.sqlitetutorial.net/.

DaltonST

Tags
dcc, lcc, metadata, tag management