Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #16
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiara.sc View Post
Hi! This plugin is great for Calibre library.
I have a Kobo Aura HD. I would like to have a view of an author list with possible listing in alphabetical order or in number of books. Like the "my collections" type pf views. Do you know any plugin that can do this? may be a mix of this one jointly with the Kobo Utilities?

Thank you !

@chiara.sc:

I don't have a Kobo. I'm an Android person. Sorry.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:39 AM   #17
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi:
I have a problem with this plugin. I installed and then configured according the PDF help file.

First, I created the 2 own columns

Then, I personalise Calibre using the instructions in the help file

After each change I have restarted Calibre. And this is the result

And If I change column, it's the same issue

It's not only with this book, this issue is with many books.
What I do wrong?

Sorry my grammar
Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessingss
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #18
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mariaclaudia:

Your images are all of the configuration. You did not attach an image with all of the related metadata GUI columns showing (not hidden), as well as as all of the related columns showing simultaneously in the book details. That is necessary to understand what the metadata actually is for each book, and hence to answer your question.

You may have a data problem, not a configuration problem, but I cannot tell without an image of all of the data simultaneously.

Just out of curiosity, do you really need the #abc_abc_hierarchy column at all?

Most people just use #abc_hierarchy, and nothing else. As the Original Post says, the #abc_abc_hierarchy column is highly optional, and is just an example of what you can do if you wish to.

From the OP:
Quote:
6. Calibre > Preferences > Custom Columns > Add Optionally add another new custom column called "abc_abc_hierarchy" with a title of "ABC_ABCH" and with the type "column built from other columns, behaves like tags". The template could either be: {author}.{#abc_hierarchy} or perhaps {#author_book_count}.{author}.{#abc_hierarchy}. Of course, you may customize this template to please yourself. This column is not to be shown. Uncheck it to hide it.

ABCH is designed to give you answers about multiple authors for the same book. If your books have only one author, then using ABC instead of ABCH makes more sense.

Anyway, please attach a single image showing all of the columns and book details simultaneously after you have executed the ABCH job to refresh #abc_hierarchy and then restarted to ensure all of the composite custom columns have been uniformly refreshed.

DaltonST
Old 06-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #19
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for answer so faster. Ok, this is the info you ask me. I just delete the#abc_abc_hierarchy column and run the plugin, but the issue is the same.

I created the #abc_abc_hierarchy column because I just wanted to set all like the author suggest, nothing more.

I hope this is the information you requested me.

Bests regards from Lima, Perú
Old 06-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #20
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia:

I do not want to see your configuration of your custom columns. I want to see the metadata columns themselves. Not the "Add your own columns" image. Show me the data.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 06-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #21
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia:

I want to see what is behind your image of the the "Add your own columns" dialog.

Please do not show many any more configuration. Just the raw metadata in the normal GUI View. Make sure you are not hiding the #abc_hierarchy column, because of course I must see that too.

Also, please run the ABCH job, and attach its Job Log. It is text, so it can be copied and pasted into your post.

DaltonST
Old 06-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #22
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Ups... let's me see, you mean the default view BUT whit all the columns visible, isn't it?
The last request I understand, I guess:

Starting job: Author Book Count Hierarchy
================================================== ==
Library path: C:\Users\Romulo\Documents\Biblioteca Calibre
External-to-Calibre SQLite in-memory database is being used
Beginning ABCH for All Books In Library
Calibre metadata.db has been properly attached
C:/Users/Romulo/Documents/Biblioteca Calibre/metadata.db
Custom_Column Configuration Verified
Temporary Tables Created
Calibre metadata.db has been detached
New ABC Hierarchy Constructed
Calibre metadata.db has been properly attached
C:/Users/Romulo/Documents/Biblioteca Calibre/metadata.db
Custom_Column Tables Populated
Author Book Count Hierarchy Is Complete
Every book in this library has been updated for ABCH

Of course, this is only a few records, there are many records whith the same problem.

Thanks for your help!!!
Blessings
Old 06-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #23
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia:

Thank you. Exactly what I needed.

Could you do the following?

[1] Right-click the Library Name button, then > Library Maintenance > Check Library. If it finds problems, please fix them, and then Restart Calibre.

[2] Select 100% of your books, press "E" (Edit Metadata in Bulk), click the "Automatically Set Author Sort" checkbox, then click "OK".

[3] Restart Calibre.

[4] Run the ABCH job. Check the Job Log to ensure all was okay.

Did any of the books you highlighted change at all? How does the #abc_hierarchy column look now? Did some change, but others are still wrong? Which are correct now, and which are still wrong (by row number so I can look at your previous posting to see their detail).

DaltonST
Old 06-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #24
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia:

[5] Select a book that is still wrong, click 'E' for Single Edit, then take an image of the first tab with the authorname etc., and also the second tab with the custom columns. Please select a book by an author that has several incorrect books, such as "White, George A."

[6] Same as [5], but select a book that is correct for an author that has many books in your library.

Are 100% of the books incorrect for any author with at least one incorrect book? Or does a single author have some correct and some incorrect books?

DaltonST
Old 06-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #25
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Yeah! I understand your requirements!!! OMG, I could understand jejeje, let's see.

[1] Found no errors in the calibre library database. Then I checked if the files in the library match the info in the database. No error, files match perfectly.

[2 - 4] unfortunately the problem persists exactly with the same books

[5] I select the first one in the list (¡Adiós, Cordera!). From this author, Alas Clarín, Leopoldo, I have 11 books. The other author is Asimov.

From what I have seen, as I have several thousand books, are all the books by the same author, no matter if you have 1 or 100, it is not just some books.

thanks for your assistance, I really appreciate it

Old 06-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #26
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia,

Since its author died in the year 1901, you can Private Message the first book's .epub file to me so I can use it to test so that I have an exact copy of what is giving you this issue. Some other "author dead over 100 years" problem ones would be good too. Multiple authors, please.

On general principles, first do an "Embed Metadata" (a standard Calibre toolbar option) on them, then do a "save to disk" into a single folder, and then PM those problem single book files to me.

Thanks.

DaltonST
Old 06-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #27
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia,

I need to rule out that there are "invisible" complex (unicode) characters in those problem author names that we cannot "see", but are there nevertheless and are causing the ABCH plug-in to misinterpret them.

I have a huge number of English and Spanish EPUBs, but I could not find a single ABCH that was not correct. So, I need your help.

Could you do the following?

[1] Select all of a single problem author's books.

[2] Using Bulk Edit Metadata, manually change the author from what it is to what it is, but manually keying the author's name again. Do not copy and paste. Key it in freshly so we know it is a valid author name. Save the changes.

[3] Restart Calibre.

[4] Run the ABCH job.

Look at that problem author's books and see if ABCH was "fixed" (or not). Let me know.

Thanks.

DaltonST
Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #28
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Let's see. It's a little difficult to find an author with the problem and also died more than 100 years ago. I found one with multiple authors.

And about your last post, sorry, the same issue
Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #29
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST - would it help if mariaclaudia used the - Scramble Ebook - plugin, the scrambled epub could then be posted here.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #30
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia:

I imported your 2 books into my Calibre, immediately ran ABCH, and the results were perfect. See the attached image from my pc.

[1] Do you have the latest version of ABCH? Perhaps you should use Plugin Updater to install again even if you do.

[2] Are your Calibre> Preferences > Tweaks like those shown in the attached image from my pc? If not, what would they be?

[3] Could you go to http://sqlitebrowser.org/ to download the "DB Browser for SQLite" and install it. Could you take an image of the authors table within your library's metadata.db file showing at least one of your problem authors? See the image attached for an example. Just "browse"; don't change anything. Be sure to exit the tool when you are finished so it does not lock your metadata.db file.

Thank you.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abch_mariaclaudia_books_on_daltonst_pc.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	149301   Click image for larger version

Name:	author_related_tweaks.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	988.0 KB
ID:	149302   Click image for larger version