Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I installed this plugin from the Calibre plugin database. However, it shows up as version 1.0.58, while Calibre thinks it should be 1.58. Calibre keeps telling me to update the plugin. When I do, it says it installs correctly, but as soon as I restart Calibre it tells me I'm back to 1.0.58. I'm running Calibre on OSX.
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ruddell - I have changed the plugin index so hopefully you shouldn't see that issue again.

@Ian - when you release a new version, just drop me or one of the other admins a PM to update the plugin index with the new version. That way users get notified in the plugin updater to know to download it. I tried to be proactive yesterday when I saw just your thread post about a new release but screwed it up with my guess at the version number
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Ian - I followed the instructions to the letter, but get this error when I run it:
calibre, version 0.8.50
ERROR: Failed to calculate similarity score: <b>Failed</b>: Calculate similarity score

Calculate similarity score
Python function terminated unexpectedly: local variable 'target_TF_dict' referenced before assignment
-------------------------------
Book 1 of 1 after 0.696127
Logfile for book ID 206 (The Afghan - MOBI)
Dictionary size of 2
FAILED TO calculate Similarity Score for The Afghan
Magnitude of target book: B_dot_B = 0.000000

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 147, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 191, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 138, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.similar_stories.jobs", line 143, in do_count_statistics
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'target_TF_dict' referenced before assignment
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #19
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone help? I get the above error on EVERY book I try...
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #20
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@gers1978 - try sending a PM to the author of the plugin (Ian_Stott), probably he hasn't visited the forum in a while. I don't use the plugin myself but looking at the code it is a bug that you will hit in some circumstances.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #21
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is there any way to update this to include AZW3 format? I have moved all my books to AZW3 from MOBI (as I wanted to use the "polish" function), and would rather not have to reconvert to use this plugin.
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #22
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does it works for anyone?

After installing and restarting, I am getting the following error, if I try to customize the plugin:

calibre, version 2.82.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>Similar Stories</b> plugin

DEBUG: 0.0 NormComment::action.py - loading translations
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 158, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 172, in init_iaction
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 614, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.similar_stories.action", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt

Does Calibre uses PyQt5?

Last edited by AnselmD; 04-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #23
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This plugin was last updated and the developer was last active in 2012. Calibre has since moved from QT4 to QT5 so this plugin will no longer function.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #24
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
This plugin was last updated and the developer was last active in 2012. Calibre has since moved from QT4 to QT5 so this plugin will no longer function.
I only have minor experience with python and no experience with QT. Nevertheless I was able to fix it. Hopefully I did correctly package it.

Requires Calibre v2.0.0 or later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip similar_stories_plugin - v160.zip (24.8 KB, 368 views)

Last edited by AnselmD; 04-07-2017 at 06:13 PM.
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #25
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

I had a strange issue. I installed the plugin and when I restart Calibre, first I don't found any shortcut or icon for the plugin, and when I search it in the addons installed by the user, and I try setup it , Calibre tell me I must restar the program. So I do it but the same.

And since then, I have this problem https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289076

The solution was uninstall the plugin Any idea what's wrong?

Sorry my grammar
Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 05:02 PM   #26
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Does this plugin work with Calibre 6.11?
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:51 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
Does this plugin work with Calibre 6.11?
Not unless someone updates it to Python 3 and whatever other updates are needed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote