Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #316
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolusBonus View Post
I used to be able to right-click on the Kindle format of any book and then the open with... option would be included in the content menu that opened, allowing me to select the Kindle option (once it was set) and read the book in the Kindle desktop app.

For some reason that option is now missing and I'm not sure exactly when it first went "missing."

I have updated my copy of Calibre to 2.85.1 x64 version.

Any known issues or help you might offer?
I suspect you have been using the built-on open with rather than this plugin.

The latest update inadvertently lost the right click on a format Open With option. But you can get at it via other means. See this thread, ==>> v2.85 Open With missing on format right click.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-13-2017 at 05:08 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #317
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

This plugin is crashing Calibre when changing from libraries. I can confirm that it is this plugin because by uninstalling it I can make Calibre crash free agai9n.

See this posts
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...94#post3536494
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #318
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hello,

After (system) update from Qt 5.7.1 to Qt 5.9.1 the plugin “Open With” cannot open files (e.g. epub) when the selected program is a Qt application.

Error Description:
From Calibre i will open a epub about “Open With” with Sigil.
But Sigil does not open any more epub by clicking on the “Open With” menu
The same on at built-in Qt program E-book viewer

This works:
  • Into Calibre:
    Internal EPUB link (open ebook-viewer) in book detail
    Click on book in book list (open ebook-viewer)
  • From terminal:
    Code:
    /opt/calibre/ebook-viewer example.epub
    sigil example.epub
Troubleshooting?:
Support for Qt ≥ 5.9.×

Open With 1.5.10
Calibre 3.6.0
Sigil 0.9.8
Qt 5-9-1 (transition)
OS Siduction 64bit (based on Debian/sid)

Sorry for my English.
And I do not know if the problem is by “Open With”, or Qt transition.

Thanks

Last edited by Camelot; 08-18-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #319
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Hello,

After (system) update from Qt 5.7.1 to Qt 5.9.1 the plugin “Open With” cannot open files (e.g. epub) when the selected program is a Qt application.

Error Description:
From Calibre i will open a epub about “Open With” with Sigil.
But Sigil does not open any more epub by clicking on the “Open With” menu
The same on at built-in Qt program E-book viewer
Use Open With that's built into Calibre. It does work to open ePub with Sigil.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #320
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
This plugin could be fixed to work with Sigil. It already has been fixed for the Windows platform. It just needs the same treatment for Linux. But the OP's not round much anymore. I've got a working version, perhaps I'll post it here when I have time.

Otherwise, yes ... use calibre's built-in Open With feature instead as JSWolf said.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2017, 05:43 AM   #321
Camelot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
This plugin could be fixed to work with Sigil. It already has been fixed for the Windows platform. It just needs the same treatment for Linux. But the OP's not round much anymore. I've got a working version, perhaps I'll post it here when I have time.
Thank you

Quote:
Otherwise, yes ... use calibre's built-in Open With feature instead as JSWolf said.
Yes this workaround help, but I need four clicks to open the book with Sigil (two with “Open With” plugin). Sigil is the standard ebook application
Old 08-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #322
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Yes this workaround help, but I need four clicks to open the book with Sigil (two with “Open With” plugin). Sigil is the standard ebook application
Right-clicking on the 'EPUB' format in the details pane should get you to the Open With menu in a minimum number of clicks (after the initial configuration). I count 2 clicks (one right-cllick and one left-click) to get the epub open in Sigil. You may be able to reduce that even further with a keyboard shortcut.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #323
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You may be able to reduce that even further with a keyboard shortcut.
Yep, you can do that

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	158560

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:17 AM   #324
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I thought I'd remembered that correctly. Thanks.

Sigil's title in that screenshot amuses me.

"Would you like to open that with Sigil-is-a-multi-platform-EPUB-ebook-editor?"
Old 08-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #325
Camelot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Right-clicking on the 'EPUB' format in the details pane should get you to the Open With menu in a minimum number of clicks (after the initial configuration). I count 2 clicks (one right-cllick and one left-click) to get the epub open in Sigil. You may be able to reduce that even further with a keyboard shortcut.
Fantastic, thank you
Old 08-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #326
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I've since made the transition to calibre's built-in Open With feature, but I'll post my working version of this plugin that should fix the issue with opening Sigil on Linux (it does on my system) for those who may not be ready to move on yet.

I advanced the version to 1.5.11

(no compression at all on the zip file in case the size difference concerns)
Attached Files
File Type: zip openwith_1.5.11.zip (181.0 KB, 333 views)
Old 08-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #327
Camelot
Connoisseur

Thanks again, the plugin (your version) works perfectly.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:17 PM   #328
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Works with Tumbleweed running in a VM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #329
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
The easiest way that I have worked out to get an App to open with the Open With plugin is to just create a one line batch file with the App's AppUserModalId thus:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\{AppUserModalId}

then convert that to an .exe (using any of the on-line or off-line tools found with Google). The .exe is then entered as the Application path in the plugin.

But as you have found this only opens the App. I have not really investigated any further as I suspect that the solution will depend on the App's ability to accept an argument from the plugin to open the book and the plugin's ability to send the correct argument, neither of which I suspect have been implemented in the relevant Apps and the plugin.

It would be very useful though.
Sorry for bringing up an ancient topic, but am having problems to setup Drawboard as PDF reader within Calibre after re-installation.

Tried the AppUserModalId thing to no avail.

Any pointers?

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #330
kevmsr
kevmsr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Is there a place to get older versions of 'Open With'?
kevmsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, kepubify