Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #46
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
How can I do it for all the authors? There are 2,485
I did not say to do it for all of the authors. I said:

Quote:
The job log proves that there are 39 corrupt authors.

You must select all of the books for all of those 39 corrupt authors.

Easy way to do that: run the MultiColumnSearch as for before, but this time check the checkbox "All Authors" also. It will select all of the books for all of the 39 authors.

Then, do what I said in my previous post about changing the author names, and then changing them back.

Check the ABCH log again. Also, run MCS again to see how many are left.
You must do it for all of the books, good or bad, for all of the 39 authors.

All books, good and bad, for each author, must be done simultaneously.

If an author has 3 bad books and 1 good book, and you just fix the 3, then it will not work. You must fix all 4 at the identical time using Bulk Edit Metdata.

Please reread my posts above.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:36 PM   #47
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

I do it before, but now I found that some books with 2, 3 or 4 authors, one of them have the issue, the others not. Honestly, I'm feel sad about this situation, you help me very patiently, and I take much of your time
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #48
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mariaclaudia:

Find all of the books for all of the authors that MultiColumnSearch says are bad. Fix them as discussed above.

After fixing them, run the ABCH job.

How many corrupt authors are left? There were 39. How many now?

You could copy the remaining books for the remaining authors to the new library, delete them from the old library, and then copy them back again.

Or, you could export the books via Save to Disk, and then delete them from Calibre. Then, import them.

DaltonST
Old 06-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #49
DaltonST
Deviser

@mariaclaudia:

If you copy and paste the following code into the DB Browser for SQLite "Execute SQL" Tab as shown in the attached image, and then run it via the >>> button, it will fix some or all of your corrupt authors. After running it, you must click the "write changes" button at the top.

Obviously, you should not be running Calibre when you do this.

If you have an author with 2 entries in the authors table, 1 correct and 1 corrupt, this will not be able to change the corrupt entry because there is already a correct entry. In that case, you must manually change the bad author as described in previous posts.

Code:
UPDATE OR IGNORE authors 
SET name =  REPLACE(name,',','|') 
WHERE name = sort
   AND name NOT LIKE '%| %'
   AND name LIKE '%, %'
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, Jr%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, Sr%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, PhD%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, Ph.D%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, MD%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, M.D.%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, Junior%' 
   AND name NOT LIKE '%, Senior%'
Please try this in your "new" library first. If it works for you, it will be safe to do in your "real" library.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abch_sql.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	149340  

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-11-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #50
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

First of all I want to thank you for the time you've offered to help and your patience with me, because although I can write well in English, and even use a translator to understand what you've written, sometimes I do not understand well the context. Thank you so much. I had not answered before, because I was ashamed to have followed in his footsteps and not achieve the expected results, and maybe it could be because he had done in the past an unfortunate action, and now the consequences are these, and yet were still helping me.

That said I tell you that finally the issue was solved. I executed ABCH twice, in both cases I checked the corresponding log, and then executed MCS for errors, and in all cases, zero matches.

It's very simple these words "thank you very much", but I offer you with sincere appreciation.

Best regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings

and of course, sorry my grammar, I always checked it with Google Translator, so if there's a mistake, it's not mine, it's Google
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #51
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
My authors seem to get jumbled up

So for a given count(eg 10 books)
it seems to mix the authors up who have that many books published.
Is there a way to have a sort priority.
EG: Sort on ABC column first, then within that sort sort by author?

So it would go
Bob title 10
bob title 10
bob title 10
fred title 10
fred title 10
george title 10
george title 10

instead of
bob title 10
bob title 10
george title 10
fred title 10
bob title 10

Last edited by JGB; 10-17-2017 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Oops psoted to wrong thread, meant to post to ABC not ABCH
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #52
DaltonST
Deviser

Neither ABC nor ABCH have anything to do with sorting your library view. That is a standard Calibre function and a View Manager plug-in function.

DaltonST
Old 05-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #53
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.1.9 - Python 3 compatibility; minimum Calibre version now 3.41.3.

Version 1.1.9 - 26 May 2019 Python 3 compatibility; minimum Calibre version now 3.41.3. If necessary, upgrade Calibre first.

DaltonST
Old 07-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #54
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.2.0 - Miscellany

Version 1.2.0 - 23 July 2019 Miscellany

DaltonST
Old 12-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #55
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.2.1 Technical Tweaks after compiling with Python 3.8

Version 1.2.1 - 16 December 2019 Technical Tweaks after compiling with Python 3.8
Old 12-19-2019, 05:42 PM   #56
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.2.2 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2

Version 1.2.2 - 19 December 2019 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2

DaltonST
Old 12-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #57
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.2.3 Miscellany

Version 1.2.3 - 18 December 2020 Miscellany.

DaltonST
Old 01-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #58
DaltonST
Deviser

Latest ABCH Version Works Fine in Calibre 5.99.3 for Qt6.

Latest ABCH Version Works Fine in Calibre 5.99.3 for Qt6.

DaltonST
Old 04-15-2023, 09:24 AM   #59
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, sorry but this plugin had stopped working for me since I upgraded to calibre 6.15+. The ABC plugin works but the ABC_Hierarchy doesn't calculate and shows 0 authors counted.

Exception in Execute_mysql_with_commit_generic(my_db, my_cursor, mysql, log)
table custom_column_45 has 3 columns but 2 values were supplied
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO custom_column_45 SELECT id, abc FROM zabc WHERE id > '0' ;
Job Failure. Terminated.
Custom_Column Tables Populated

It gave me this in the jobs box.

Last edited by madame_newbie; 04-15-2023 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added more info
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:33 PM   #60
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.2.5 Links now in normalized custom column tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
Hi, sorry but this plugin had stopped working for me since I upgraded to calibre 6.15+. The ABC plugin works but the ABC_Hierarchy doesn't calculate and shows 0 authors counted.

Exception in Execute_mysql_with_commit_generic(my_db, my_cursor, mysql, log)
table custom_column_45 has 3 columns but 2 values were supplied
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO custom_column_45 SELECT id, abc FROM zabc WHERE id > '0' ;
Job Failure. Terminated.
Custom_Column Tables Populated

It gave me this in the jobs box.

Version 1.2.5 - 15 April 2023 Links now in normalized custom column tables.

DaltonST