Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Groupie
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
cannot move xhtml segment out of miscellaneous

While using trackpad to manually reorder xhtml file segments two of them jumped out of the Text area and landed in the Miscellaneous area. I am unable to grab them to move them upward into the correct Text area. I can delete them, of course, but would prefer moving them to their right location. Is there a trick in grabbing and moving them? Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-02-01 08-20-00.png
Views:	67
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	176839  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
If there is a trick to grabbing the files, I do not know. When this has happened to me, the solution involved editing the .opf file. If the problem is just 2 files, you can add them manually in their proper location in the <manifest> section of the .opf.
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
I just had that issue (file in Misc) . I though I had a context menu item to 'add to manifest' ) Note: I also use Sigil (each has ways of doing things that work for me YMMV )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, in the editor, you cannot drag files out of the Text section. Drag and drop is allowed only within the text section. In any case if you do have html files in the miscellaneous section that means they have either incorrect mime types <manifest> in the OPF or are not in the <spine>. Correct those by editing the OPF and you should be fine. Or alternately delete and re-import.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Laptop
I can usually fix this problem by running the Check Book function and then click on "Fix all."
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
rjwse@aol.com
Groupie
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Thanks, everybody, for your help. The files did, in fact, 'jump' out of the Text area and landed in the wrong area. At first, I thought they had deleted and was surprised to see them where they were. This has happened before while manually reordering. Next time this happens (if ever) I will try 'fix all'. I do not feel proficient at editing the OPF. Instead, I copied the files external to the book, deleted the wrong ones in the book, then imported the correct ones. Best regard, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote