Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Exclamation Inkpad 3 New Update 5.20.1010

Firmware: 5.20.1010 (July 09, 2019)

Oficial Page : https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...tbook-inkpad-3
Relase Notye Online : http://support.pocketbook-int.com/fw....5.20.1010.pdf

Implemented:
Reading program updates
1. Enhanced Notes mode for pencil notes. Users can now change the pencil thickness,
handle a number of different pencil notes on one page, add comments to pencil notes,
perform UnDo and ReDo actions. The eraser tool can now delete even small parts of a
single pencil line (while in previous firmware the eraser tool could only remove the whole
pencil drawing).
2. Possibility to operate with previously made notes directly in the reading mode. The
corresponding icon is displayed to the left of the notes icon. A long press on the same icon
opens the context menu.
3. More convenient operating with text blocks the boundaries of which are located on
different screens. To set the text block boundary located on the next page, the user should
move the slider to the right bottom corner of the screen and wait a moment – the page
will turn automatically. It’s the same with setting text block boundaries on the previous
page – in this case the user should move the slider to the top left corner and wait a little
moment.
4. Enhanced screenshot tool – from now users have got the opportunity to adjust the
borders of a screenshot and to review screenshots, which were done before in a separate
pop-up window.
5. From now users can change the font size of dictionary entries by “pinch-to-zoom”
gestures.
6. Display of book summaries displayed for EPUB books in the Book Information menu, as
well as in the context menu opened by a long press on the book in the Library.
7. Support of two new formats: CBR and CBZ. This addition makes it possible to read
comic books.
8. The page counting process has been optimized for the case the option «Built-in page
numbering» is turned off (for the case the number of pages is equal to the number of screens). Now, this process occurs faster, and for the books with a vast amount of pages
or illustrations.
9. In the footnotes of books in FB2 format, the «cross» next to the return arrow is not
displayed any more to avoid accidentally closing the footnotes. Now this «cross» is displayed
in internal links only.
10. In FB2-formatted books the list of footnotes is not displayed at the end of the content
any more.
11. The display of the return button is added in the reading menu right after moving to a
new page using the slider.
12. The default hinting during rendering books in FB2 or TXT format has been changed to
Slight Font Hinting, making the reading of books in these formats more comfortable.
13. Enhancements regarding hyphenation in FB2-formatted books.

PocketBook Cloud
1. Synchronization of bookmarks and notes with the Cloud and other devices connected
to the same PocketBook Cloud account (PocketBook applications for Android and iOS).
New design of Notes application
1. The new Notes application provides a more convenient way to work with all the notes
that have been created on the e-reader. It is now possible to list all books containing
notes. These notes can be read, renamed, commented or edited. Notes that are no longer
required may be directly removed from the application.
2. The Notes application now provides the opportunity to export and import notes.
3. The result of the export procedure is an html file, which can be opened and reviewed on
any electronic device, for example on a PC. These note files can be imported to any other
PocketBook E-Ink reader running firmware 5.20 or later. Moreover, these note files can be
imported to the PocketBook applications on Android or iOS.

Browser application
1. Browser app provides now an autofill function.
Library app improvements
1. More precise book list sorting.
2. Fixed the problem of occasional incorrect sorting in the By Folder group.
3. Removed excessive page refreshing (blinking) of the Library screen.
4. The DjVu scanner added. So, from now the covers of DjVu formatted books will be
displayed in Library app and Book Info menu of Reading program.
5. Fixed the problem of possible incorrect display of covers of certain books in EPUB and
FB2 format.
6. Fixed the problem of possible incorrect display of book lists when sorting by addition
date.

Dropbox service improvements
1. Fixed malfunctions in synchronization of large files.
2. Fixed possible device freezing when changing folders.
3. Fixed possible device freezing while authorizing.

Other improvements
1. Fixed the problem of a possible malfunction of some types of SD cards when using them
2. Addition of the possibility to disable the touchscreen. This helps to avoid accidental
touch events, for example while reading on public transport. It also helps to save battery
power. By default, this function is activated and deactivated by double-clicking the Menu
button.
3. Optimization of the device boot process, providing a shorter boot time of the device
after switching-on.
4. Time zone list refinement.
5. Addition of the possibility to set the Library application launch key in the key mapping
of the Settings.
6. Some wording enhancements.
7. Other minor fixes.

Removed:
1. Removal of the possibility to share quotes from a book using Facebook since this function
has been disabled by the social network itself.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Thanks for the heads up; downloading ...
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #3
Axir
Axir began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Anyone tried using Coolreader on this firmware?
Axir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:17 AM   #4
claus.seitter
claus.seitter doesn't litterclaus.seitter doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook touch hd
observed a problem opening books with cr3

After updating to the new firmware I tried to reinstall "Setup-openwith". Installation procedure said "succesful" but in the "Open-with" menu no coolreader was shown. On the other hand, a book that had been opened with cr3 before the update still opened in cr3 at the correct location.
I'm going to investigate further...
claus.seitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:11 AM   #5
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
You don't need to install "Setup-openwith", you just have to configure extensions.cfg accordingly. Has been like that also for previous versions of the firmware. Coolreader and Koreader show up in my "open with" menu.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #6
claus.seitter
claus.seitter doesn't litterclaus.seitter doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook touch hd
Coolreader 3: reinstallation of cr3 solved the problem for me, coolreader is back in my "Open-with" menu.
claus.seitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:26 AM   #7
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, because Coolreader copies a new extensions.cfg onto the device.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Yes, because Coolreader copies a new extensions.cfg onto the device.
+1

Firmware: 5.20.1010 (09.7.2019)

PS : It is a shame that they did not add the contrast setting option for CBR, CBZ or PDF documents.
- No change in the level of display of information on a book. They could at least add "%" of readings or the remaining pages in the books.
- I would also like to set the font sharpness.
- Pseudo-élément support in CSS is still missing.
- Since the last version (5.19.660), I have problem with TTS. You does TTS work normally?

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-17-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:32 PM   #9
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Those who upgraded: Is there a new Notes app in the apps tray?

This is the only feature I want. Otherwise I won't upgrade.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:22 AM   #10
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Those who upgraded: Is there a new Notes app in the apps tray?

This is the only feature I want. Otherwise I won't upgrade.
Well, there is a notes app where you can export your notes. Not sure it's new, even though I don't remember seeing it before, and I'm pretty sure I would have.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #11
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hmm, doing a long press on a book in library view, doing it once gives the menu, but every after opens the book. Seems to be reset by sleeping.

Anyone else seeing this?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #12
mooms
mooms began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post

Firmware: 5.20.1010 (09.7.2019)

PS : It is a shame that they did not add the contrast setting option for CBR, CBZ or PDF documents.
So I will keep PBImageViewer then !

I have a Tea Inkpad 3, any downside or problem if I flash the Pocketbook firmware ?
I'm aware I will lose the included shop, but I don't use it, actually I only enable Wifi to check firmware update (mine if from may 2018 !)

mooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #13
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that you cannot flash the PocketBook firmware to a Tea device. I believe the images are signed, so if the two use different signing keys (which I would expect), then it would not allow the other's firmware to be installed. I would love to hear from someone who tried it, though.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:19 AM   #14
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Well, there is a notes app where you can export your notes. Not sure it's new, even though I don't remember seeing it before, and I'm pretty sure I would have.
Thanks for the answer. When you open the Notes app, does it list all the notes throughout your library and you can go into the relevant spot in the book by clicking the note in the Notes app? (This is how the old Notes app in Inkpad 2 used to work.)
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:50 AM   #15
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
When you open the Notes app, does it list all the notes throughout your library and you can go into the relevant spot in the book by clicking the note in the Notes app? (This is how the old Notes app in Inkpad 2 used to work.)
It says so in the release notes.