Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 05:07 AM   #1
Stremon
Stremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo glo
Arrow [Windows] ComicTools v1 for e-ink readers (CBR/CBZ)

Hello everyone!

First, sorry for my bad English.
I have been searching for a while a good tool to batch convert/edit multiple comic files (CBR, CBZ and folders with .jpg or .png) to prepare them for my kobo glo, but I couldn't find any good and simple solution.

Therefore I decided to create my own tools:

ComicTools v1

Installation:

First, you must install ImageMagick if you want to use the double page split feature.
After that, extract the attached file wherever you want.
That's all!

Usage:

First, you will need to modify the parameters inside ComicTools.ini according to your needs:

split --> activate the split function, which will automatically detect the horizontal double page images and split them in two (exactly in two, it doesn't do any kind of middle detection). I find it particularly useful for double pages manga on my kobo glo, to prevent having to read double pages on landscape mode.

manga --> manga mode for the split function (to use only with manga with right to left reading), to reorder the splitted files in good reading order.

delete_folder --> delete the working folders after conversion. Be careful, in Dir2CBZ conversion, it will delete your source folder.

After that, you can just drag and drop your files on the different batch files (you can drop as many files as you want at the same time):

CBR2CBZ --> convert the cbr and rar files to cbz.
CBZ2CBZ --> convert the cbz and zip files to cbz (useful only for double page splitting obviously).
Dir2CBZ --> convert the folders containing image files (.jpg and .png) to cbz. Be careful this batch directly work on your source folders, if you want to have a backup of them, do a backup first. I will try adding an auto backup option if some people want it. Also note that you have to drop the entire folders on the batch file, not the images inside.

The result cbz files will always be created in the same folder than your source files.

Notes:

I am not very good in batch programming, so those tools aren't perfect and are probably not free of bugs. Please tell me if you find any bug or if you want to add any function!
You are also free to modify them and add new functions as you want, I will update this post and give you the credit for your modifications!
Attached Files
File Type: rar ComicTools.rar (370.0 KB, 327 views)

Last edited by Stremon; 01-05-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: replaced the title to a more relevant one
Stremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Stremon
Stremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo glo
Could the admin move my post to the general eBook/PC software thread? I think it might be more relevant there...
Stremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Moderator Notice
Moved from Kobo
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr, cbz, comic book, comics