Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazz View Post
Wow, thanks for the link, they have amazing stuff.
I want one. Actually there are three I want. :-D
I had to go through a process of elimination when I got my first one... I thought about what I would probably eventually get; a portfolio, journal, date book cover and so on. up to now I have a red river garden portfolio cover, I requested that one, and they complied with a small extra charge, and a wine journal covers with running horses (I haven't seen that one lately, wondering if it has been discontinued). I still would like a date book cover, a business card cover and a purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Hello book lovers,

We're making leather e-reader covers and at the moment setting up an online shop.
So I'd like to know if anybody would be interested in last generation Kindle covers (handmade by professional bookbinders, ) so that we decided on whether it makes sense to implement worldwide delivery (we're located in Russia). You can see examples attached.
I'd really appreciate your opinion

Merry Christmas and a good read to all

P.S. grey and white ones have elastic straps
could you possibly post a link? your thumbnails are terribly small and difficult to see
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #17
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
I have the Tree of Life cover from Oberon in saddle; they have so many nice looking choices it was very difficult to make a decision!

Holly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9375.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	63580   Click image for larger version

Name:	9378.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	63581  
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
Zoya
Book Worm
Zoya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
could you possibly post a link? your thumbnails are terribly small and difficult to see
Sorry for small thumbnails.
I've got no links to give, website's not finished yet.

But I can attach bigger pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5202648.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	63584   Click image for larger version

Name:	5232060.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	63585   Click image for larger version

Name:	5232061.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	63586   Click image for larger version

Name:	5227996.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	63587   Click image for larger version

Name:	5227997.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	63588  
Zoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
those are quite lovely! good luck!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Hello book lovers,

We're making leather e-reader covers and at the moment setting up an online shop.
So I'd like to know if anybody would be interested in last generation Kindle covers (handmade by professional bookbinders, ) so that we decided on whether it makes sense to implement worldwide delivery (we're located in Russia). You can see examples attached.
I'd really appreciate your opinion

Merry Christmas and a good read to all

P.S. grey and white ones have elastic straps
There are only a few companies making premium quality covers, so it's nice to see new entries into the market. The difficult part will be establishing a reputation for quality to ease concerns of an overseas purchase from a small company.

From the one image, I like that you kept the interior simple, and if that's an accurate color representation I like the dark gray color of the lining and straps.

Also if you make a cover with a pebbled/textured dark brown genuine leather exterior with no hanging flaps, and a soft dark gray interior, I will pay one billion rubles for it. Well, maybe less.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I splashed out on an Oberon cover for me for Christmas. I had such a hard time choosing, because they are all so beautiful. In the end I went for the celtic pattern. I love it.

I ordered it on 15 Dec and it arrived here, across the world, on 23 Dec.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cover.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	63590  
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #22
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I like my Oberon covers best, but keep in mind that they are closed until mid-January, so there will be a wait for your orders to be fulfilled.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

January 10th I believe
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #24
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
You won - stickies, lots of stickies!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
You won - stickies, lots of stickies!
yAy!!! for stickies!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #26
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I want an Oberon Cover. The Dragon one...and I think I'm planning on using my birthday money to get one. They are gorgeous.....or maybe the Hokusai Wave......sigh

Last edited by Pomtroll; 12-27-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #27
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I want an Oberon Cover. The Dragon one...and I think I'm planning on using my birthday money to get one. They are gorgeous.....or maybe the Hokusai Wave......sigh
haha! I know frustrating huh? the best thing to do is decide if there is a possibility that you might ever get another product from them
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #28
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 / 3G
Thumbs up Custom Leather Cover

I have the custom leather case pictured below. Words cannot describe how happy I am with it. Here is a link to an earlier post with info/lots of pictures.

CyberpunkDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
<snip> So I'd like to know if anybody would be interested in last generation Kindle covers (handmade by professional bookbinders, ) so that we decided on whether it makes sense to implement worldwide delivery (we're located in Russia). You can see examples attached.<snip>
I would LOVE something like these. As much as folks rave about Oberon, those never really impressed me. Yours look amazing. I've seen other covers that "look" like a book, but these are the best I've seen. Sign me up to buy that first one (hearts/flowers) as soon as they're available for international sales!

Curt

Last edited by curtw; 12-27-2010 at 01:09 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
The decision was very difficult for me, as well. I actually read Oberon's description of what each design meant (you have to check their journal cover selections to get that info - they call it "The Oberon Image Story," and show it under the images on each journal design page) then narrowed things down to about six of them. I then opened up each image of the covers that I liked best in their own separate window (I have a tri-monitor set up for my main desktop so had plenty of screen real estate to utilize for this) and compared them side by side. Talk about obsessing!

Good luck with your decision!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote