Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
Aniuortes
Aniuortes began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 (PB632)
Mine is back today, they changed the motherboard and the screen. I hope it will be ok now.
Aniuortes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #17
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Device: Poke2, Hisense A5
After my first one had a frozen screen I got a new one. This one froze again yesterday. Got my money back so that is ok, but I am not buying another one. Pity because its a really nice device but in my case did not prove to be reliable at all.
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:47 AM   #18
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniuortes View Post
Bad news. One month after the repair, my reader is broken again. Almost the same symptoms. I was reading normally, then when changing the page, the reader froze. This time, it seems to have been stuck while changing the page, as both pages are visible.

I know that on the picture it can look like the screen is broken, but that's not the case. It is frozen like the first time.

Picture of it.
Do not buy from TEA
I always had a problem with TEA, either with firmware or with technical problems.
*3 devices purchased from TEA, 3 x return. 2x I sent Inkpad 3 and 2x lost it!

I also noticed that original "Pocketbook" devices are less susceptible to bleeding screens than TEA. TEA has not released any new Firmware for some time (nearly 2 years).

I would also recommend you to buy a device directly from Pocketbook, not from sub-vendors like TEA, which is now renamed VIVLIO (the same mess )

For example many users of TEA Inkpad 3 are still on Firmware 5.17.1680. , two years old FM.
In the meantime, the Pocketbook has released 4 more firmware, starting with the latest 5.20.1010 (fix packs + new extra features).
* Unfortunately, TEA users do not have access to the new features, and they will never have IMHO, as TEA makes a "dead beetle".

TiP ~ I would recommend you after purchasing TEA, set up immediately"auto USB connection"
So if you have a problem with the touch screen, you still have access to your reader.

- If you have problems, download the latest "firmware" to move to the root directory of your reader.
- Next start, hold the [Power + 2 buttons / keys to turn the page] until the update starts.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-23-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #19
BookyHatguy
BookyHatguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Get a flip cover case for it if you don't have one already. It's cheap insurance. Pocketbook sells them.
Typical troll, someone should ban you from these forums.

The author specifically mentioned the motherboard had to be replaced. And you upselling the cover as if that would help. Thanks wizard!

Thats very insulting to every potential buyer.
BookyHatguy is offline   Reply With Quote