Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Rikkaruohimus
Rikkaruohimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pdf to MOBI as pictures not as text

Hello!
I´ve been converting my pdf-formed assaigment sheets to mobi for my amazon kindle.
I study mathemathics so it´s necessair for my files and study materials to be converted as pictures and not as text because of the mathematical symbols.
This worked well untill recently but for some reason suddenly my files are converted as text (the file is still mobi) and only the first page ("the cover") is shown as a picture of the original pdf.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to change my setting or something to solve this problem. I´ve tried several programs and setting and searching online but to no avail.

Thank you, Eeva
Rikkaruohimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkaruohimus View Post
Hello!
I´ve been converting my pdf-formed assaigment sheets to mobi for my amazon kindle.
I study mathemathics so it´s necessair for my files and study materials to be converted as pictures and not as text because of the mathematical symbols.
This worked well untill recently but for some reason suddenly my files are converted as text (the file is still mobi) and only the first page ("the cover") is shown as a picture of the original pdf.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to change my setting or something to solve this problem. I´ve tried several programs and setting and searching online but to no avail.

Thank you, Eeva
Calibre does not convert Non-Image (text) to Images (pictures).
FFor 1 or 2 pages, you could do a screen capture and include that.
For lots of pages
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well there's a thread just below yours https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166531

might just work the same way for mobi (does all pages as pictures)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkaruohimus View Post
...or something to solve this problem. I´ve tried several programs and setting and searching online but to no avail.

Thank you, Eeva
Try something like PDFRead which can convert .pdf to (image based) .mobi.

After installing the package located in the first post of that link provided above, also install the extras, namely the "EDIT: 8 Mar 2009 - FOR KINDLE/iLIAD/CYBOOK USERS (fixed that .jpg quality compromise imposed on .prc files!)". It installs a modified NRhtml2mobi.exe that works with a Kindle 2 specific resolution (480x622).

The resolution may be too low to read on under 8" screened devices though. Just test a page range to see if it's acceptable. If not, consider installing the SONY users extra pdfread-MinFilter5-mod-bin.zip for higher dpi conversion prior to the resulting images.

Hope it helps.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Rikkaruohimus
Rikkaruohimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you everyone! Especially nrapallo.
I got the pdf´s turned into readable pictures (even though the quality suffers a lot)
Though, I´m still trying to figure out why calibre refuses to convert my pdf to MOBI that looks like the original pdf, even though it did so before.
Rikkaruohimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert