Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #31
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
OK, so I guess it's not working then...
I'll see whether I made a mistake somewhere.

EDIT: The log says the integrity check on the app file failed...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #32
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
OK, so I guess it's not working then...
I'll see whether I made a mistake somewhere.

EDIT: The log says the integrity check on the app file failed...
Did you rename the md5 file to app.image.gz.md5?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #33
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Here is what I did.

1. Renamed files per instructions
2. Copied to compact flash
3. Extracted files on compact flash
4. Attempted to reflash per normal process (power on with ids button held down)

Results: Screen flashes from normal boot process to blank screen and then reverts to normal boot process and completes normally. Logfile indicates: Nothing to do: reboot
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #34
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just curious

Are iRex going to be involved in helping with this continuation of the codework for their product?

Are there any plans to move to a new linux Kernel which probably has better powersaving features? *edit* found the answer to this in the roadmap.

Last edited by omro; 11-19-2008 at 11:27 AM.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #35
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
OK, I can't get it to flash.
If I add a config.txt file in the root folder then it at least tries but fails because of the integrity check, and if I do it without the config.txt then it just says "nothing to do" and reboots.

Over to you devs...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #36
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
OK, I can't get it to flash.
If I add a config.txt file in the root folder then it at least tries but fails because of the integrity check, and if I do it without the config.txt then it just says "nothing to do" and reboots.

Over to you devs...^^
Yep, I'm seeing the exact same behavior
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #37
jas_williams
jas_williams began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Just trying the reflash,

There are a few things you need to do to make the reflash work.....

Rename app.image.21300.beta1.ext2.gz as app.image.gz

Rename app.image.21300.beta1.ext2.gz.md5 as app.image.gz.md5

Change the cotents of app.image.gz.md5 to read

2f9109b6ef96c1813826c095cffdfa57 app.image.gz

It will flash OK however then goes into a reboot loop so the images are not correct....

Jason
jas_williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #38
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #39
Michele L.M.
Still learning
Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 2G, iLiad 2 [no more]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele L.M. View Post
Among my (too many) orphaned projects, there was a contentlister-based ipgk front-end. The screenshots are a mock-up of what I had in mind (indeed I've got already some code for it). If you think it's a good idea, I would be pleased to actually "blueprint", develop and maintain it.
I have to withdraw my offer. I have lent the iLiad to my fiancée (who lives 1000+ km away from me) on a temporary basis but it has become a "definitive loan". I don't own an iLiad anymore! Damn!

Sorry for that. I wish the community a bright e-ink future.

Regards,
/Michele/

Last edited by Michele L.M.; 11-26-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Michele L.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #40
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
and he is still your fiancé?
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #41
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Ha! I was in a similar situation, but I can visit regularly, so I still have access although it's spotty.

If you're really interested in developing the ipkg utility (I had you in mind when I put that on the roadmap), you might ask Adam for a dev machine from OpenIliad. I don't know how many machines he's committed at the moment, but you could ask if you have the time and interest...
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #42
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I think 2.13 should definitely be possible before then.

Here's an untested beta...
It includes:
  • Integrated FBReader
  • Registry support for FBReader and Shell scripts
  • Matchbox keyboard
  • Dropbear
....[/LIST]
So, is this one working and ready to try, or should I wait for a new version before I flash for the first time?

Also, is the speed of the FBReader comparable to the speed of the reader in the stock iLiad?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #43
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
So, is this one working and ready to try, or should I wait for a new version before I flash for the first time?

Also, is the speed of the FBReader comparable to the speed of the reader in the stock iLiad?
Wait until the official release. The one in that post didn't work correctly.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #44
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
I'll have both my iLiad and a little time on Tuesday, so I'll be working on this a little bit then.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #45
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Thanks, guys! I'll sit tight for now.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote