Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
lindylex
lindylex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2013
Easy Transition Paperwhite to Paperwhite

Is there and easy way to transfer my books and cover images from one Paperwhite to another easily? I purchased my first in 2012 the second in 2013 and I copied over the directory of books from one to the other. The books where available and no images of the book covers, highlights or notes were copied.

How can transfer all of these easily?

Thanks
lindylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:36 AM   #2
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Hi linylex

A member kindly instructed me how to transfer cover images from one device to another. I would guess the same principle applies for highlights/notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@joehunt: You could connect you PW2 to your computer and manualy copy "thumbnails" folder from PW2 to KV. The folder is located at "G:\system\" (where G is Kindle drive). System folder is hidden by default so you will not be able to see it on Windows PC/Windows Explorer, and you have choice to either 1) mouse click inside addressbar and type in "system\" after drive letter and press Enter on keyboard to open the hidden folder or 2) to turn on display of hidden files and folder in Windows Explorer settings.

After disconnecting your Kindle(s) from you PC (and maybe restarting your Kindle will be necessary) you should have your covers back.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)

highlights/notes are contained within the documents folder together with the books themselves.

They will be in the sidecar {book_filename_minus_extension}.sdr/ folder, and called {book_filename_minus_extension}.{mbp1/azw3r/azw3f}
Additionally, there is the .apnx file (pagenumbers) and .phl (public highlights) and a few others.

As long as they are moved together with the .azw3/.mobi files, your annotations/highlights etc. will transfer.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
lindylex

Thanks, everyone. I will give it a try.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
lindylex

Thanks it went perfectly.

I coppied the contents of /Kindle Mount Point/Document directory to the new Kindle Paperwhite making sure to skip files already there.

Second I went into /Kindle Mount Point/system/thumbnail and copied all the content skipping files that are already there.
Advert