Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
magneticsubset
magneticsubset began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
WSJ changed print edition url

Hey guys I'm working with the wall street journal prebuilt recipe and the url format for the print edition changed by adding in today's date for the print edition. Previously it was

WSJ_ITP = 'https://www.wsj.com/print-edition/today'

They have changed it from "/today" to the days date "yearmonthday" (20210120) so the new url is https://www.wsj.com/print-edition/20210120

If I manually customize the recipe I can get the print edition to download correctly but that requires me to update the script every night manually with the next day's date to run in the morning. How can I automate this for the script to automatically put in today's date?
magneticsubset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.wsj.com/print-edition/today

works fine it auto redirects to the correct page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
magneticsubset
magneticsubset began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
That's weird it downloaded a bunch of random articles today and not the print edition. Had articles from December in there. Maybe the redirect wasn't working this morning?
magneticsubset is offline   Reply With Quote