Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I love my Voyage. I hope it never dies, but the battery is discharging a bit faster than when I first purchased it. I will absolutely have to find another Voyage if something happens to mine.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #17
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I love my Voyage. I hope it never dies, but the battery is discharging a bit faster than when I first purchased it. I will absolutely have to find another Voyage if something happens to mine.
Just replace the battery https://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Ki...dle-voyage.htm
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #18
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
From personal experience, that battery replacement is nowhere near as easy as the video makes it look....YMMV.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:37 PM   #19
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Thank you! This is good to know. I think my Voyage battery is discharging a bit faster these days. I guess this means the time is coming when I will have to decide whether to get the latest paperwhite or hang on to my beloved Voyage and get it a new battery. If the latest paperwhite has some advantages I would go for that, but I love my Voyage. Also wouldn't have to worry (yet) about whether my non-Amazon books are backed up.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #20
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
From personal experience, that battery replacement is nowhere near as easy as the video makes it look....YMMV.
Most of the fixit videos put out by the folks selling the parts are done after removing the adhesives, etc. - that's why the battery came right out after some gentle prying on the very edge, leaving behind no residue. With no pull tabs to release the battery, getting it out without breaching the foil pouch takes a bit of time and can be frustrating.
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #21
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I've recently changed the battery of my Voyage myself, and it was as easy as in the video, so it's totally doable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-27 18.41.32.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	890.3 KB
ID:	174061  

Last edited by SusanReads; 10-08-2019 at 07:19 AM.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #22
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
I've recently changed the battery of my Voyage myself, and it was as easy as in the video, so it's totally doable.
I found it incredibly difficult to separate the back piece from the Voyage as well as remove the battery. What was your trick?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #23
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I found it incredibly difficult to separate the back piece from the Voyage as well as remove the battery. What was your trick?
At first I struggled with removing the back, but then I looked at the youtube video a few more times and decided there had to be a trick. And the trick was sliding the thing instead of just using force. And suddenly I did something right and it just came right off. (Sliding towards the bottom was what did it) I actually did it twice because I wasn't sure I connected the new battery correctly after I put it in, so I opened it up a second time.

I got this tool with the battery I ordered and it got under the battery pretty easily. It did stick, so I had to slide the plastic tool around and around until the battery came loose. Not difficult, just took some patience.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #24
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
At first I struggled with removing the back, but then I looked at the youtube video a few more times and decided there had to be a trick. And the trick was sliding the thing instead of just using force. And suddenly I did something right and it just came right off. (Sliding towards the bottom was what did it) I actually did it twice because I wasn't sure I connected the new battery correctly after I put it in, so I opened it up a second time.

I got this tool with the battery I ordered and it got under the battery pretty easily. It did stick, so I had to slide the plastic tool around and around until the battery came loose. Not difficult, just took some patience.
Cool, thanks! I too received tools to remove the back and battery. Glad your experience was easier than mine!
Old 10-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #25
SusanReads
Addict

Quote:
Cool, thanks! I too received tools to remove the back and battery. Glad your experience was easier than mine!
But you did get it done, right? How are you experiencing the battery life with your new battery?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #26
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
But you did get it done, right? How are you experiencing the battery life with your new battery?
Yes, but was fairly frustrated during the process!

I'm not finding the battery life with the new battery much different than the original battery, maybe only slightly better. What about you?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:16 AM   #27
SusanReads
Addict

Quote:
Yes, but was fairly frustrated during the process!

I'm not finding the battery life with the new battery much different than the original battery, maybe only slightly better. What about you?
I bought a refurbished Voyage so the battery was not that great (as to be expected). The new battery is about as good as the battery of a new Voyage (I've owned a new Voyage a couple of years ago, but sold it when I got a PW4, too bad I loved the Voyage more, so I ended up buying a refurbished one). But I always found the Voyage battery to last me a long time, so I'm quite happy with this new battery.

Tags
fix, kindle, screen broken