Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Fake sleep mode on Kindle PW1 (bug)

I have installed KOReader on a Kindle PaperWhite 1 and found an annoying bug. When I start sleep mode from the menu Exit/Sleep or press the on-off button of the reader itself, the reader seemingly goes into sleep mode (lights will be off, screensaver picture appears) but actually it doesn't happen. The touch screen is responsible, and the text immediately comes back on a touch and you can use everything. Pressing the on-off button again (KOReader thinks the reader is in sleep mode), the light comes back but otherwise nothing happen apart from a flash because the screen is already shows the text of the book.
Actually if you send the reader into sleep mode, the real sleep mode happens only after 10 minutes invoked by the kindle firmware.

I think somebody tried to wrote about this earlier here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3068
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I also vaguely recall mentioning somewhere that this menu doesn't make much sense on Kindle, because it's indeed doing the wrong thing.

EDIT: That said, that only applies to the menu. The power button *should* do the right thing, unless you've done some untoward things to the framework.

EDIT²: Or not, I apparently fixed the menu thing.

TL;DR: Need much more details about your setup (device, FW, KOReader version, startup method), because I'm pretty sure I can't reproduce that.

EDIT³: Yup, can't reproduce on a PW2 on 5.9.7 w/ the latest nightly launched via KUAL.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-30-2019 at 08:45 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
LittleBiG
Zealot

Kindle PW1, FW 5.6.1.1, KUAL 2.7, KOReader 2019.08-64
I didn't do anything more than what is necessary to install KOReader.

Last edited by LittleBiG; 08-30-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have access to a PW1 anymore, so I can't really say much more, but this does behave properly on both older (a Touch on 5.3.7.3) & more recent FW versions, so :?

EDIT: .... unless this is a Special Offers device?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-30-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:44 AM   #5
LittleBiG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I don't have access to a PW1 anymore, so I can't really say much more, but this does behave properly on both older & more recent FW versions, so :?

EDIT: .... unless this is a Special Offers device?
No, it is not. And there is no screensaver hack installed.
EDIT: But kpvbooklet 0.6.4 was installed.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Provided you're not actually launching KOReader via KPVBooklet, the fact that it is installed *shouldn't* be an issue.

Then again, maybe it is? ;p.