Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
New Kobo reader: The Forma/Shape

Source is GoodEreader, but I doubt they Photoshopped the image. At first blush it looks like the Kobo version of the Oasis:

Quote:
The Kobo Spain Twitter account posted an image of a new Kobo e-reader that will be released on October 16th. The Kobo Forma or Kobo Shape features*two physical page turn buttons. The bottom image looks like the square, but the portrait mode image right behind it looks like a typical e-reader.

Moderator: Sorry for the large image. Please feel free to resize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DoH6eW7UUAEMzcU.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	166555  

Last edited by issybird; 09-28-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Oversize image thumbnailed.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Source is GoodEreader[/URL], but I doubt they Photoshopped the image. At first blush it looks like the Kobo version of the Oasis:...
I'm guessing GoodEReader wasn't the original source.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Yes, this is my impression too. The part with buttons looks thicker than the opposite one. However, the picture is not very clear. But if it's true, it would be great

Last edited by petrovich; 09-28-2018 at 04:00 PM.
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovich View Post
Yes, this is my impression too. The part with buttons looks thicker, than the opposite one. However, the picture is not very clear. But if it's true, it would be great
I wonder if it's waterproof. Probably, I'm guessing. Also wondering how long before Walmart gets them. (Probably the 16th.)
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
As they say, it looks like Kobo Spain. We'll see on Oct 16
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #6
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Quote:
I wonder if it's waterproof. Probably, I'm guessing. Also wondering how long before Walmart gets them. (Probably the 16th.)
Well, it's just two weeks to wait. If it's waterproof and has SD slot or 32GB on board -- then it was my mistake to get KOA2
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
Steve H
Connoisseur
Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, Paperwhite, Oasis2
It looks like the Oasis with a much smaller battery. Possibly very lightweight...at expense of battery life??
As a Kindle owner I must admit it looks good.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
Espalmador
Espalmador began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
This is the complete image https://share.icloud.com/photos/0pc4...ukwPt8G97OeU4w
It’s true, not Photoshop.
Espalmador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's always a safe bet!
Old 09-28-2018, 04:25 PM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Yes, this is my impression too. The part with buttons looks thicker than the opposite one.
Going only by what I can see I think the Oasis design is nicer. The Oasis is thicker on the back, which lets your hand curl around the thick side. The Forma/Shape (and I think Forma is a better name) is angled on the front and it seems like it would be more awkward to hold.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Well, it's just two weeks to wait. If it's waterproof and has SD slot or 32GB on board...
I'm in the minority I'm sure, but I hope it's a 6" screen (though I'm already pretty sure it isn't).
Old 09-28-2018, 04:29 PM   #12
Espalmador
Espalmador began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I sent the image myself yesterday to Goodreader. I did the capture with an ipad. I think it was not long.
Espalmador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #13
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
It looks like the Oasis with a much smaller battery. Possibly very lightweight...at expense of battery life??
As a Kindle owner I must admit it looks good.
Smaller? If the FCC is correct it should have a 1.2AH, the Oasis 2 only has a 1AH as far as I know.

I would easily trade weight for a larger battery.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given the picture, does this mean in some new firmware release we'll have landscape?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #15
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Not sure how any cases are going to work. The slight tilt on the grip side looks like it will prevent the cover from folding flat. Well, maybe the cover doesn't cover the whole thing?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote