Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #1
zmix
Connoisseur
zmix began at the beginning.

Device: none
PB Era: KOReader 2022.07 randomly inverts orientation

KOReader randomly inverts user orientation preference after page turn, and requires the user to re-orient the device 180˚ from the selection appearing in the lower menu.

PB Era 6.7.775: KOReader 2022.07

I've disabled the positional sensor in the Era but it still happens.

Typically this problem occurs one day after launching KOReader.
Re-starting fixes the problem (for about a day)

Note that the Era FW version 6.7.775 has some orientation issues of it's own, for example, when you set the orientation for left handed use (buttons on the left) the home screen and the “Logo” screens are upside down. If you use the positional “G-Sensor", the home page is correctly oriented, but the Logo / Power off screens are still upside down.
zmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Probably going to need verbose debug logs to see if there's anything we can do about it (i.e., we actually get rotation events), or if it's just the OS screwing with it behind our back.

EDIT: I might have been overly optimistic there, c.f., https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=442 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote