Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Thumbs up Thanks for Calibre

I just wanted to thank Kovid for having written Calibre; I own a PRS505 and a Mac, and without this nice program I wouldn't be able to easily manage my eBook reader...

Cheers,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad you find it useful
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
ax42
ax42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
I just wanted to thank Kovid for having written Calibre; I own a PRS505 and a Mac, and without this nice program I wouldn't be able to easily manage my eBook reader...

Cheers,
David.
Ditto this - now I just need to dust off my python skills and starting contributing......
ax42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax42 View Post
Ditto this - now I just need to dust off my python skills and starting contributing......
Contributions are most welcome
Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Yep, I'd like to say thanks as well, especially for making a multi-platform, multi-device converter/utility like calibre.

I really should see at least about attempting to add in news plugins, but I expect that will come eventually since I just picked up a PRS-505 the other day. (Formerly used REB-1100(dead), EBM-911(bad cap so loses content/OS on battery replacement), and Palm IIIx(dropped for the millionth time but finally cracked the screen - has TRG's XTRA XTRA PRO upgrade, 8M RAM/4M FLASH. Going to buy a new screen for it since it served me well for over 10y and was my first device used for reading although I switched to plucker many years ago from DOC/iSilo + sitescooper.)

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should look into how hard it would be to port a plucker capable reader to the 505...

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 04-16-2009 at 10:48 AM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
oldlady
oldlady began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
It all seems very technical and impressive. Shall I be able to read lots of old classics free easily? What is python please?
oldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
What is python please?
Python is a programming language.
http://www.python.org/
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks (and a donation) from me, too - I couldn't imagine using my reader without Calibre.
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Much appreciated.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
Ralob
Connoisseur
Ralob began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2, PW4
Seriously, thanks for all your hard word Kovid. I use Calibre more than every other program other than Firefox. I adore it and am glad you are still rapidly developing it on a daily basis. Thank you.
Ralob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #11
oldlady
oldlady began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I am planning to get a computer man to ome and set it up for me? Is that sensible? I can do things but I get terrfied by all the technical language you all understand. My (vague) plan is to use only calibre - though I don't knw what it is. Then get ie John Buchan Huntingtower from PG. to my computer. Then something will tell me what to do with calibre to get it to the reader. Or can I do several books at once? Sorry. Trying not to be helpless.
oldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
caphector
caphector began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone (Current), Sony PRS-505
I'll throw in my compliments as well; while I have some nits to pick with Calibre, I'd have a much harder time working with my PRS-505 without it. Thanks for writing it!
caphector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #13
amerryman
Reader Newb
amerryman began at the beginning.

I also would like to add a heartfelt thanks! I'm usually hesitant on buying Sony products because of how proprietary they are, and the bundled software with my original PRS-505 did not disappoint.

Calibre has made my life so much easier, and with the addition of features like news scheduling and Google Reader implementation..

well lets just say: "Standing Ovation"
amerryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #14
amerryman
Reader Newb
amerryman began at the beginning.

Please delete this post is a duplicate

Last edited by amerryman; 07-25-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Duplicate
amerryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #15
sysco
sysco began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 x 2
Thanks!!! the best soft for e-readers, conversor and manage for e-readers.
sysco is offline   Reply With Quote