Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Stanza updated for iOS5

I haven't tested it in iOS5 as I chose not to update because of Stanza. That was pretty quick, considering it can take apple a while to approve app updates. I'm happy Stanza will work though, because nothing is as smooth and snappy and customizable. And I tried so many apps.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Funny enough, I rushed here a bit soon. As of the update, Stanza no longer works in iOS 4.3. The irony....
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Funny enough, I rushed here a bit soon. As of the update, Stanza no longer works in iOS 4.3. The irony....
Lol. Will certainly be testing this on my brother's iPhone 4S. I currently have an iPhone 4S that's been sitting in the box since launch (which I probably would've sold eventually). If all works out with the new version of Stanza, I'll be replacing my iPhone 4 with the 4S.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 11-10-2011 at 11:53 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
seajewel
Fanatic

Well once people confirm that Stanza works nicely on iOS5 I'll update my iphone. On my 4.3, Stanza won't even open. They really couldn't fix it without breaking it on anyone not on iOS5? Really?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sadly, it's still broken in ios5, tried on both ipad2 and iphone4.

Crap!!?
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I just updated on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and it's working. I haven't tested everything but at least it launches now and I can read.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
It's working OK on my iPhone and iPod Touch. Some formatting doesn't display quite right - things aren't centred - but I can't remember if it handled that properly before or not.

It picked up all the books I had before, remembered my shared sites, spotted the Calibre server and downloaded from it.

I had a play with the settings for the screen colour, font size &c, and they all behaved well.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I deleted and reinstalled in my iPhone and now it's working. Have not tried the iPad yet.

All I can think is that something got left behind from the previous (broken) version.

I just downloaded some books and I am reading now.

Art
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I just installed and tested it. It downloaded a batch of six books from my calibre library by tag id. I opened one and read three chapters with no problems. This is on a first gen ipad.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've saved out my old Stanza version (though I think if you check your mobile applications folder, the old stanza will still be there. If you don't plan to update to iOS5 (I don't, on this 3GS) it would be worth the saving in any case. I'm on 4.1, but will update now and see whats what. if it fails, I'll save out the new one and reinstall the old.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
working on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Just installed the update to my iphone 4 (IOS 5.0.1), reinstalled some of my books, checked out settings. Everything seemed to work just fine. This is "simply marvelous " for those of us who were mourning the loss of Stanza after installing IOS 5.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
artbatista
Groupie

Apparently the reason it did not work the first time, is because Apple actually sent me 3.1, though the iTunes page said 3.2

I went to updates and there was an updat to 3.2

Working fine now
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Ran update to 5.0.1, installed updated Stanza (I'd previously uninstalled), it works!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #15
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Ahhhhh, finally back to Stanza! It's working well on 5.0.1. Switched back to Stanza a few minutes ago (haven't used in a long time since I was beta testing 5.0. Loading my current reads from Calibre, setting my margins, colors, and fonts are just so intuitive with Stanza. Any idea why so few fonts are available in Bluefire (in particular Baskerville)?

Thanks to everyone involved in the lobby movement to get Stanza updated.
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote