Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
natemiller82
natemiller82 began at the beginning.

Device: Android/ Moon+ Reader Pro
Invalid namespace URI when converting certain CHM files

I know .chm files are sometimes a little finicky; I've gotten most of mine converted to epub, but a number of them will not convert to any format (including .html via calibre). They all have the same error:

ValueError: Invalid namespace URI u'3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"'

Is there any way to fix this, i.e. ignoring this specific line in the conversion?

I've converted to HTML with 3rd party software, but this creates a directory with one html and lots of .mht files; I'm not sure how to use those to make an epub.
natemiller82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the search and replace feature to replace 3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" with something that is not invalid, like xxx
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chm, chm conversion