Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
BSewer
BSewer began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Calibre Companion no longer connects

I am continuing the have trouble with CC connections. It seems that I need to recycle my router every time I want to connect with Calibre. How can I fix this so it will just connect?

Thank you
BSewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSewer View Post
I am continuing the have trouble with CC connections. It seems that I need to recycle my router every time I want to connect with Calibre. How can I fix this so it will just connect?

Thank you
Sounds like your routers WiFi is dying .
Did you override the CC default and enter a IP into the configuration.
That will disable the server rediscovery that might be needed due to a new IP lease.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSewer View Post

Thank you
If I understand you correctly, rebooting your router but not the device or the computer running calibre fixes connection problems for a short time.

If the above is true then I agree with theducks, the strong implication is that the router is failing. There are several different failure modes, but all of them result in not sending packets between devices.

Also to agree with theducks: if CC is not using "automatic connections" then rebooting the router might put its state back where it was when you determined which IP address to enter into CC. This is especially true if you also reboot the computer running calibre. If at all possible try running CC with its wireless device connection IP address & port set to "automatic" (use defaults).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Poor device (relative to each other) locations can lead to early WiFi failures .

The poorer the signal (bars) at the device, the more power the router needs to put out.

Best: is open field (line of sight from router Antenna to device)
Walls, plants, furniture in that direct path all add to signal reduction, forcing the router (and device) to try and over power those impeding objects.

General rule of thumb is to place the Router High and near the center of the Usage area (maintains the shortest cleanest path distance to all common usage locations)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote