Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
BSewer
BSewer began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Calibre Companion no longer connects

I downloaded CC and initially had no problem connecting to Calibre. Now I can't seem to connect. I read the section about manually entering the IP address and port from Calibre but that did not work. I read something about finding an IP address for CC itself but am unsure how to do that, or if I misunderstood. I did have some router problems a few days ago and had to recycle it but am unsure what to do to re-establish a working connection. I would appreciate some advice. Since it worked originally I was tempted to delete the app and reinstall it but since it's a paid app, I rather not pay for it again. Thanks for any help.
BSewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSewer View Post
I did have some router problems a few days ago and had to recycle it but am unsure what to do to re-establish a working connection. I would appreciate some advice.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app the other day and had the same problem (along with some other issues). I shut down my Nexus 7 and turned it back on and all problems were sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSewer View Post
Since it worked originally I was tempted to delete the app and reinstall it but since it's a paid app, I rather not pay for it again. Thanks for any help.
Assuming you used the Google Play store, deleting the app and reinstalling the app doesn't make you pay for it a again.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Recycling the router can change almost everything on your network. Before you take the "nuclear option" of uninstalling & reinstalling, you should reboot both your device and the computer running calibre. Remove any IP addresses entered in either CC or calibre. Make sure that the firewall on the machine running calibre is still letting calibre talk to the network.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
BSewer

I checked that Calibre as able to get thru firewall and it was. I turned off my tablet and computer. I tried entering the IP address and port info from Calibre to CC as well as using the default setting. I then deleted the app and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. I once again entered the IP and the port. I would appreciate more advice as to how to get this to work again.
Thank you.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
BSewer

The IP addresses of CC and my device are different. Should they be the same and if so how should I change it? Apologize for my lack of technical knowledge.
Advert
Old 06-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
We are talking about the setting in CC's config
Every device needs a unique IP in the same subnet
eg 192.168.1.n
the n part must be different
the 192.168.1 part must be the SAME (on a local net), but the actual number used may vary (comcast uses 10.x.x.n in our area)

For the most part, CC can auto find the content server (on a local net) if you leave that setting as shipped
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #7
BSewer

After playing around I tried powering the router off and on and after that CC could connect with Calibre. Hopefully this will continue. Thank you.

Tags
calibre companion