Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 06:35 AM   #1
housebox
housebox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2
avoid clock / batter / wifi icons to appear

Hi together,
I managed to establish a client / server connection with my jailbreaked KT2 to display some information. In addition I'm able to acquire the touch events so my kindle acts as a display and an input device and the heavy lifting is done on the server.
The Kindle receives an image and displays it using "eips" - that works find but after some minutes the current time or battery status or WiFi signal strength is added by the system on the top.
Is there a way to avoid that? Kill some services?

Thanks in advance for supporting me.
housebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:58 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
c.f., this recent answer to a similar question, and my following response about potential caveats.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2023, 01:18 PM   #3
housebox
housebox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2
Thanks a lot, will hab a look into it
housebox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, clock, eips, kindle, overlay