Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-15-2022, 10:13 AM   #121
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Thank you. I apologize for cross-posting. I realized after posting in the other thread that it might be better here.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:45 PM   #122
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Thank you. I apologize for cross-posting. I realized after posting in the other thread that it might be better here.
Just ask that it be moved (suggest destination if known.) Use the 'Report' button on the right if in the other (non-Calibre) areas (that takes a Greenie), or PM one of the forum-level Mod regulars (at the bottom of the topic lists)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:50 AM   #123
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Sorry for the long delay in responding... Holidays mixed with Covid. Sigh.

Anyway, I installed 64-bit Java but Calibre's ebook editor still generates an error when I try to run EpubCheck. What am I doing wrong?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:47 PM   #124
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Anyway, I installed 64-bit Java but Calibre's ebook editor still generates an error when I try to run EpubCheck. What am I doing wrong?
If you're still getting the same error (FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified), open a command prompt window and enter java -version. If you don't get the Java version number, the installer didn't add the Java binary path to the Window environment variables and the plugin won't be able to find the Java binary either.

If you don't get a version number, you'll need to add the Java path to the environment variables.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:10 PM   #125
enuddleyarbl
Fanatic
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I know this is a bit silly, but is there any way to turn the warning back on for EPUB3 files not being XHTML? With the updated ruleset, it no longer warns me of this. I actually want to convert my files from HTML to XHTML. But, now I'm constantly forgetting.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:03 PM   #126
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I know this is a bit silly, but is there any way to turn the warning back on for EPUB3 files not being XHTML?
The W3C removed this check for both epub2 and epub3 files in EPUBCheck v5.0.0.

For more information see:

feat: no longer check .xhtml extension in EPUB 2.0.1
feat: any file extension is now allowed

If you want the check back, download EPUBCheck v4.2.6, unzip it, go to the plugin folder and replace epubcheck.jar and the lib folder with the v4.2.6 versions.

You'll also might want to disable the update check. For more information see the first page. (You'll need to change "github": true, to "github": false,)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote