Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #31
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
Just one

Shibumi by Trevanian

Bought the paperback but it's falling literally appart and haven't been able to find it anywhere =/

GJMS
It's sold in pretty much every ebook store...
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/tre...00000000038449
http://www.amazon.com/Shibumi-A-Nove...9291083&sr=1-1
http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b3...revanian/?si=0
http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_di...asp?IID=226515
http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...vel-eBook.html
http://www.cyberread.com/Shibumi/TREVANIAN/id13248/
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...2383-_-Primary
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Shibu...5NQ/page1.html

...found via Inkmesh.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #32
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
For me also the Harry Potter books.

Also I would love the read the Hamish Macbeth series but although BoB has several since today they haven't got the first one of the series isn't available and I want to start at the beginning.

Another series I would love to have Lilian Jackson Braun of The Cat Who... as ebooks. They're available in the US but only as PDF which isn't my favorite format (especially when it concerns backlists).

Lastly I would love to see more (horror) anthologies. Just because I'm too lazy to search out individual stories myself

*Bianca
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Another series I would love to have Lilian Jackson Braun of The Cat Who... as ebooks. They're available in the US but only as PDF which isn't my favorite format (especially when it concerns backlists).
Sony's got them in ePub (I don't know what has to be done to get by their geo restrictions)
Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #34
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sony's got them in ePub (I don't know what has to be done to get by their geo restrictions)
Thanks, but unfortunately it's hard to buy from Sony when you're not in the US, plus I haven't got a credit card (I can use my father's but I'd rather not). I emailed Penguin US about an European release but they answered that I should ask Penguin UK, which hasn't got them listed even as pbook.

I just ordered the first couple as pBook, if and when they are available in ebook I'll get those and sell the pbooks.

*Bianca
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #35
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Note: Don't read the most recent "Cat Who..." book. Actually, I wouldn't read the last three. But definitely not the last one. It's beyond terrible.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #36
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
"Congo" by Michael Crichton
"The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton
Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #37
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Amazing... the difference of 5-9 years! But I found it "elsewhere". *packs the paperback in the "to be sold or given away" pile of paperbacks* Amazing pdf btw... compared to the original. =)

GJMS

Last edited by darknessangel; 07-17-2010 at 02:33 PM.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #38
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I'll need time to think, but I was disappointed to see that only one or two of the Gregory Mcdonald Fletch books are available.
I take it back. Fictionwise now has quite a number! Must have happened in just the past couple of months.

However, I see that they have only one Eric Ambler, and it's not A Coffin for Dimetrious.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:53 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Harry Potter Series
The Earth Children Series by Auel,
The Native American series by the Gears (though, their last book is available as Kindle edition),
The Amber Series by Zelazny,
And all books by Thea Beckman (Dutch writer)

Ok, it's not 5, but still...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #40
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
Oh, I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
The Dreadful Lemon Sky by John MacDonald. Not a great book but this was the one that got me hopelessly hooked on reading. In fact, I'd like the whole Travis McGee series in eBooks
I remember reading that and the others too: One Fearful Yellow Eye, The girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper, The Lonely Silver Rain.......Awesome as a kid
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #41
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I'll need time to think, but I was disappointed to see that only one or two of the Gregory Mcdonald Fletch books are available.
I've seen 1,2 and 4,5,6,7,8 on the um....darknet.

These and John Maxim's books are series that took me aeons to find in paperback on the used scene....and totally forgotten by most since they're practically impossible to find in local book stores (at least in BC).
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #42
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I would agree with To Kill a Mockingbird and Harry Potter books. Almost sold my ereader in anger when I discovered they weren't available. Gimme a break.
What is the reason for not making "To Kill a Mockingbird" available as an e-book? Isn't it like required reading in almost any High School?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
What is the reason for not making "To Kill a Mockingbird" available as an e-book? Isn't it like required reading in almost any High School?
Just a guess here, but I'm guessing the publisher doesn't have the digital rights. They probably reside with the author who either hasn't been approached about them or has declined to license them out. Hard to say really, there are thousands of books, especially older ones, where the digital rights are owned by authors or their estates or who owns them is in question. Most of these folks aren't likely to be in a place to release ebook versions themselves so there won't be an ebook (at least not an official one) until a publisher gets the rights worked out.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #44
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I decided to do a quick (as in under 5 minutes) search of the underworld. It's a shame - as I was quickly able to find versions of most of the books mentioned here, many marked v1 or higher (meaning they've been proofed multiple times usually). The authors are missing out, and the readers who don't like the dark are missing out because they can't get a copy of some great readings.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #45
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Off the top of my head, I can think of only two series, which, technically, makes it nine books.

The Black Company by Glen Cook
and
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever (First & Second) by Stephen R. Donaldson.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote