Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Caimh McDonnell - The Dublin Trilogy and other stories and books

I discovered a fantastic author, Caimh McDonnell - his books are set in Dublin, feature some quirky characters, and well, they are just a blast to read. They are mysteries, but fairly light on the gore and suspense, and heavy on the pure fun entertainment. I can't recommend these enough! Many laugh out loud moments! I've also learned a lot about Irish culture - for instance, I never heard of the sport of hurling - but now I know all about it (youtube.com)

Some (all?) of the books feature links to free stories - the link is at the end of the book. I access these links from my phone, but they might work just fine from within a kindle or other e-reader, I'm not sure.

I discovered these books while using a free-for-three-months membership to Kindle Unlimited. Not too many good books on KU, but I promise, these are fantastic.

He also has a podcast which is dedicated to the characters and stories in his books, and it is called The BunnyCast. Very enjoyable.

http://whitehairedirishman.com/books/
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote