Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #31
bookaho!ic
Addict
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
Goal 75 books (but will probably be more)
Pass first exam on way to chartership (April 19)
try to not buy everything at 99p a book

Currently Reading
Our Kind of Cruelty - Araminta Hall

Read
Say Nothing - Brad Parks
The Missing Girl - Jenny Quintana
The Stranger Upstairs - Melanie Raabe
The Warning - Kathryn Croft
Closer - K L Slater
Haunted - Kelley Armstrong
Industrial Magic - Kelley Armstrong

Last edited by bookaho!ic; 01-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:29 AM   #32
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
I need to firm up my goals.
I read in 2018
168 Books
61,000 pages

for 2019 I am aiming for at least
100 books
40,000 pages

I feel far happier increasing my goals, rather than feeling like I am failing.

I binge entire series and or authors when I enjoy a book, which then blows out my TBR list.

My TBR list for 2019 is now well over 250 books. I have already decided unless it is a new release in a series or author I have read I will not add another book/author it to my 2019 TBR list, that is a huge goal for me.

I get super excited when I find a new author I want to read, I want to read them right now.

I plan to edit my general TBR list and remove items I will just never get around to.

To be ruthless about books I did not enjoy, and stop my push to finish a book and/or series I find I am hating. Again a huge goal for me, I have actually done this a handful of times in 2018, and it was so difficult for me.

To read at least 2, what I call Chick Lit books this year as I actually read one last year and loved it.

To seriously check out book clubs, the idea is so appealing to me, I just have a huge fear of the books that are selected and my love of reading not being sophisticated enough for them. So a brave step I hope I can make

I will edit this as I churn the ideas around.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #33
kcladyz
I love my parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW4, KOBO H2O and Aura One E2, zenpad, ipad pro, Kindle fires
I just created a "beginning" reading list for the year. from books i own but not read yet. When I get done I will revisit my reading lists

Kindle
-------
The reckoning ( currently finishing)
Woman in the Window( currently finishing)
The Regulators
Red Dragon
3rd Degree ( Womans Murder Club)
Red Sparrow
The Da Vinci Code
The Heroin Diaries

KOBO
-----
JUROR #3
THE DEAD ZONE
MODERAN
ARTEMIS
NOS4A2
CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE
ALONG CAME A SPIDER
THE BROKER
THE RUNAWAY JURY
WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #34
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
My goal is to read all twelve of the 2019 MR Lit Club selections.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #35
kcladyz
I love my parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW4, KOBO H2O and Aura One E2, zenpad, ipad pro, Kindle fires
I finalized my 2019 reading list.

KOBO
-----
JUROR #3
THE DEAD ZONE
MODERAN
ARTEMIS
NOS4A2
CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE
ALONG CAME A SPIDER
THE BROKER
THE RUNAWAY JURY
WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS
The house next door ( james Patterson)
BirdBox
Moderan
Broken Monsters
Black book ( reading)

Kindle
-------
The reckoning ( finished)
Woman in the Window( finished)
The Regulators
Red Dragon ( reading)
3rd Degree ( Womans Murder Club)
Red Sparrow
The Da Vinci Code
The Heroin Diaries
Logans Run
The Andromeda Strain (reading)
Jurassic Park
Sloughterhouse five
My Sisters Grave
Expidition to Earth
Prelude to space
The Night Widow
The Deep
3rd Degree
Fall; or, Dodge in Hell

iBooks
-------
The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm

Last edited by kcladyz; 01-18-2019 at 05:13 PM.
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #36
jselby
Connoisseur
jselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolatejselby is generous with chocolate

Device: Voyage | Samsug GT4
12 books in 2019

Setting my initial goal for this year at 12 books. I may add a learning related goal as well.

In Progress
Completed
jselby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #37
rfog
Fanatic
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Goals: Finish the list of recommended books in "Nueva guía de lectura" from Miguel Barceló, and read more "classics", particularly re-reading some Dickens.

End of December and January
1.- Mundo Verne 20 Tercero del 2018 - Various
2.- Verne en la perla del Mediterráneo - Various
3.- Los viajes extraordinarios de Jules Verne - Various
4.- Les machines extraordinaires de Jules Verne - Jean Pierre Bouvet - in French!
5.- Laura. Viaje a través del cristal - George Sand
6.- Marea estelar - Elevación de los Pupilos II - David Brin
7.- El día de los trífidos (Barceló) - John Wyndham
8.- Viajes al centro de la tierra - Eduardo Martínez de Pisón
9.- Los tiempos del odio - Bruna Husky III - Rosa Montero
10.- Más que humano (Barceló) - Theodore Sturgeon
11.- El desaparecido (or América) (Classic) - Franz Kafka
12.- Hechos científicos en la Biblia - Ray Comfort
13.- Mercaderes del espacio (Barceló) - Pohl/Kornbluth
14.- Un capitán de quince años - Verne

Reading:
Moby Dick (Classic) - Hermann Melville
Soy leyenda (Barceló) - Matheson
El proceso - Kafka
Biografía de Dickens - Méndez Herrera

Abandoned:
========
Apocalipsis - Stephen King (Read the part I wanted to read)
Mutante (Barceló) - Hally Kuttner (Nonsense to me)

Last edited by rfog; Yesterday at 05:30 PM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #38
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
My challenge is to read every book I bought with money from 2012.

I started 2019 with 27 unread purchases.

As of January 20th I have 26 unread.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote