Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
davidsmartin
davidsmartin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Deleting old files

I use Calibre to download magazines. Recently Calibre Companion started deleting old versions of the magazines even though that option is not checked in settings. How can I make it go back to keeping all my files?
davidsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:35 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmartin View Post
I use Calibre to download magazines. Recently Calibre Companion started deleting old versions of the magazines even though that option is not checked in settings. How can I make it go back to keeping all my files?
CC will delete news only if Settings / Other / Delete older news / Delete older news is checked.

News can appear to be deleted if calibre/CC use the same filename for different days of news. In this case only the latest day fetched from calibre will show in CC. If you are using CC's file templates then you can fix this by adding {id} to the template, probably at the end.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
davidsmartin
davidsmartin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks. Adding {id} solved the problem.
davidsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote