Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
RT Wolf
RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Looking for the right android e-ink tablet
Is there an email app for the Kobo?

Is there any way to email out from Kobo?

There's a decent sale on the Kobo Clara HD here in Canada and I'm looking to pick one up, but I'd like to be able to email highlights (whether using built-in reader, or koreader, etc.) to me@onenote.com.

I'm fairly tech-savvy (work in IT) so I'm happy to implement something technically challenging, as long as the process for actually emailing is relatively easy/simple. I assume it won't be as simple as highlight and Share like it is on Android devices, but something easier than plugging the kobo into the computer every time I want to backup/export highlights.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by RT Wolf; 05-03-2020 at 01:04 PM.
RT Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
The simplest way to do it with existing tools would be to write a script to send email from the command line, enable annotation exporting, then add an item using NickelMenu to send it.

With a bit more work, you could make something nicer which extracts the highlights into a custom format and sends it from there.

With a lot more work, you could inject something into Nickel to add a menu item which does it for a specific book.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert