Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox m92 - Kindle 4
Breathing New Life into my m92

Hi Everyone, recently I just replaced the SD and the battery on my m92.

Works well.

The new card is double the speed of the old card.

The new battery is (apparently 2500mA) as opposed to the 1600mA of the old battery.

I don't know how this will play out in the future.

I did have a few issues with the battery regarding its smaller size. There was a connector that I displaced accidentally by incorrectly installing the batter.

It was easy to fix things up and push the connector back on.

I just stuck the battery in with some blue tack.

Anyway ... I bought my m92 in 2013 and its still working.

If the m92 died, I would buy a Max 3. Recently I bought a Max 3 for one of my kids because they went to university.

I would like something like the Max 3 (as powerful), but with 300ppi and page turn buttons.

See what happens in the future.

I think that's the thing with eInk readers is that they last a long time.

Anyway ... whatever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200225-NewCard-Sandisk-SDHC-UHS-I-U1-0002.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	177873   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200225-NewCard-Sandisk-SDHC-UHS-I-U1-0008.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	177874   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200305-OnyxBoox-m92-Battery-0005.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	177876   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200305-OnyxBoox-m92-Battery-0006.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	177877  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20200305-OnyxBoox-m92-Battery-0002.pdf (1.95 MB, 31 views)
IluvToRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:19 AM   #2
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: .*
thanks. can you add a link to the site for the battery?
does this battery fit exactly?
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...56944c4dZhPXEn

The new battery I bought is a bit smaller. Just a bit. So I needed to stick it in with blue-tack.

There are other batteries too, go to google. Use this as a search string.

site:www.aliexpress.com battery onyx boox m92

I got ...

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAU&uact=5

Whatever.

So far, it seems to have good life. Obviously, I haven't exhausted it, and re-charged it.

See what happens.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:35 AM   #4
Jmirko
Collector in recovery
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Nice save

Good job, IluvToRead! It's nice to see older devices get a new life. Very often, they are still perfectly capable of doing their job, and we don't need more electronics waste in the landfills.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
IluvToRead
Enthusiast

Yeah, I am one of those people that does not like to waste money on new things.

That said. My first child started uni in 2018, and I bought that child a Max 2 Pro.

My second child started uni in 2020 and I bought that child a Max 3, and I'm having serious cravings to buy myself a Max 3.

Like serious cravings.

I'm doing uni myself (I'm the father). Reading is very important to me, so I'm having serious Max 3 cravings issues.

I may not be able to hold out.

My previous logic was to wait until a an A4 size with 300 ppi comes out.

I just don't know.