Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
Beanxx
Beanxx began at the beginning.

Device: PC & Android apps
Migrating local books to a new phone

Hi Folks!
I have a largish Calibre library -- about 8,000 volumes -- of which I have downloaded maybe six or seven hundred to my phone. My Calibre library is on an external SD card under Android 6.0.1.

I am now switching from my current phone, the Lenovo Phab Pro, to a new Samsung Galaxy A50, with Android 9 (Pie). Is there any way I can do this without having to individually download all those books again? Can I just move the SD card, and somehow tell CC on the new phone where my library is? Or can I copy the downloaded books into the new Calibre Companion local library? And if so, should I sideload the CC database as well?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, --Andrew
Beanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Here is what I did a couple months ago.
  • Using the Reading List plugin I made a list of the books on the old phone.
  • Then just used the list to display only the books that were on the old phone connected to calibre with the new phone using CC.
  • Did a select all and send to device took less than 5 minutes.
edit.

That was 1600 ebooks.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanxx View Post
Hi Folks!
I have a largish Calibre library -- about 8,000 volumes -- of which I have downloaded maybe six or seven hundred to my phone. My Calibre library is on an external SD card under Android 6.0.1.

I am now switching from my current phone, the Lenovo Phab Pro, to a new Samsung Galaxy A50, with Android 9 (Pie). Is there any way I can do this without having to individually download all those books again? Can I just move the SD card, and somehow tell CC on the new phone where my library is? Or can I copy the downloaded books into the new Calibre Companion local library? And if so, should I sideload the CC database as well?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, --Andrew

Last edited by gbm; 10-14-2019 at 04:46 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, database, migrate calibre companion, offline reading