Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 03:15 AM   #1
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
computer went to sleep during transfer; problem?

Should I be worried about the sideloaded books when my computer went to sleep for an hour or so in the middle of calibre transferring a bunch of books to the ereader?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:16 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
sleep-> all activity stops -> that includes transfers.
it may have resumed smartly when it woke back up, or it may have lost stuff
you either have to check by opening each book, or just send them all again to be safe ( I would do the latter )
i would expect it to lose any book that it was part way through when sleep was enforced
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
sleep-> all activity stops -> that includes transfers.
it may have resumed smartly when it woke back up, or it may have lost stuff
you either have to check by opening each book, or just send them all again to be safe ( I would do the latter )
i would expect it to lose any book that it was part way through when sleep was enforced
Ok, thanks. I screwed up in other ways so they were all deleted.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
actually - it would be an easy test if you were motivated
set up a transfer of say 10 books , then quickly put pc to sleep. wait an minute and wake it up again

the do a damage inspection...
results may very depending if you were doing a dumb file transfer over usb, just with windows explorer drag N drop or copy n paste... or using an app like CC to talk to calibre and handle the process

some PCs will put some or all USB ports to sleep also, others will keep them alive so they can still be used to charge devices.
that's controlled in various ways - I think a lightning bolt symbol on an actual port is meant to imply this one stays awake, but there are also controls in power options in windows, and maybe in device properties as well
i leave external USB hard drives plugged into mine, always, but those things auto sleep anyway when inactive.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote