Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Question Manage Author related and other question

1. in manage author, the link column? what is it?
i dont found any in the calibre manual.. (see screenshot)
i'm just curious..

2. "custom column types" in manual?.. is there any explanation or example use in each type? (when creating custom column, the column type like "text column, show in tag browser, " floating numbers, comma separated text, permitted values,)
how the people here using it, like #genre like tags, or genre just text,

3. recently i run calibre and exit calibre takes a long time, and calibre showing calibre database shutdown plugin thingy.. i've disable the save to custom column plugins and the calibre run well.

i used plugboard directly in template tester and manual
Code:
program:stripped = re(field('series'), '^(A|The|An)\s+', '');shortened = shorten(stripped, 4, '-' ,4);initials = re(stripped, '[^\w]*(\w?)[^\s]+(\s|$)', '\1');s_index = template('{series_index:0>2.0f}');strcat(switch(stripped, '(.+\s+){1}.+', initials, '.', shortened, field('series')), test(s_index, strcat(' [', s_index, '] '), ''), field('title'));
the template tester run perfectly, but when save to disk
the filename doesnt show up like in template tester.
before this works well. is there any changes?
(see debug.txt)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	164357  
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.txt (10.1 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by yonkyunior; 06-08-2018 at 08:07 AM.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post
1. in manage author, the link column? what is it? i dont found any in the calibre manual.. (see screenshot) i'm just curious.
If you put a URI in the Link field, when you click on that Author the handler for the URI's protocol will open. So, an http link will open in your browser, a file link will open in your file manager, an ftp link will open your ftp client, an evernote link will open in Evernote, etc, etc.

Quote:
2. "custom column types" in manual?.. is there any explanation or example use in each type?
Not that I know of, other than the tool tips. I would have though most are self-explanatory, the standard columns (Author, Tags, Series, Publication Date, etc) are examples for some types. See this thread, Plugboard, template, and custom composite column recipes, for examples of "Composite columns" (columns built from other columns).

Quote:
3. recently i run calibre and exit calibre takes a long time, and calibre showing calibre database shutdown plugin thingy.. i've disable the save to custom column plugins and the calibre run well.
Might be better to ask about that in the plugin thread.

Quote:
i used plugboard directly in template tester and manual
Code:
program:stripped = re(field('series'), '^(A|The|An)\s+', '');shortened = shorten(stripped, 4, '-' ,4);initials = re(stripped, '[^\w]*(\w?)[^\s]+(\s|$)', '\1');s_index = template('{series_index:0>2.0f}');strcat(switch(stripped, '(.+\s+){1}.+', initials, '.', shortened, field('series')), test(s_index, strcat(' [', s_index, '] '), ''), field('title'));
the template tester run perfectly, but when save to disk
the filename doesnt show up like in template tester.
before this works well. is there any changes?
(see debug.txt)
I've no idea because I don't use plugboards, hopefully someone who does can give some feedback.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
author link... i dont even know it there before.
i just in the setting>bookdetails>clicking author.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote