Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Original Paperwhite to Latest Paperwhite

I see there is a one day sale going on for the Paperwhite and it's 89.99 on Amazon today only. I see the trade in program I can get $25 for my original Paperwhite and a 25% coupon for a new one. Does anybody know if you go through the process of the trade in do you get the coupon right away?

Also, is it worth it to upgrade from the original to the latest Paperwhite? I've had no issues with my original.
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I don't know anything about Amazon's pricing policy, but a new one will have a better screen, and a new battery. Batteries don't last forever, and it sounds like yours is old enough that it might be of some concern for you in the future, at least. The price of a new device might be cheaper than paying someone to replace the battery for you.

Only you could decide if it's worth it or not.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Amazon spells it out in their details:

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ods_erd...de=10825010011

Quote:
Once your device is accepted, an Amazon.com Gift Card equal to the appraised value of your Kindle and a 25% off credit toward a new Kindle will be automatically applied to your account.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thanks all it looks like this won’t work for me.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Amazon spells it out in their details:

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ods_erd...de=10825010011
Note, accepted just means when Amazon accepts/confirms the trade-in. It doesn't have to be when they physically receive the device.

You can get the trade-in credit and promotional discount coupon immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Trade-In.png
Views:	227
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	164083  

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-23-2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added screenshot
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Warning. My sister liked playing a Scrabble-type game against others with her original Paperwhite. The later Paperwhites, and Voyage, don't play games.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
I am trading in a PW1 and will greatly miss active content word games, but battery is on its way out
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
What is making you consider?

Not only are you getting the latests tech on the Kindle (more memory), better lighting, and an improved processor, you get a new battery. Is it worth it now?
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
sitrucz
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
What is making you consider?

Not only are you getting the latests tech on the Kindle (more memory), better lighting, and an improved processor, you get a new battery. Is it worth it now?

It is worth it. It’s faster too. Happy I have the pw3 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #10
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
It is worth it. It’s faster too. Happy I have the pw3 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it. I upgraded from a PW1 with this deal also (with some qualms), though it won't get delivered until Monday, and I won't get it until Wednesday since I am heading out of town.

I hope I am equally satisfied.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Of course, now that you have ordered, Amazon will go ahead and release the PW4 with 8GB storage, a faster processor, and Bluetooth.

But if that happens in next couple of weeks you can probably exchange.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote