Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #1
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Lightbulb Onyx Note sold out and OneNote compatibility, Misc update

1. Note sold out one week ago in China. Even if you are in China, it's very hard to get one. I was told by the sales that next batch will be available at the end of this month.

2. Onxy failed to persuade Microsoft to optimize OneNote for E Ink devices. Onxy doesn't have much technical space to improve handwriting experience. They are still trying to find alternative solution.

3. Onxy has been recruiting during the past months. Including developer, marketing, supply chain etc. So in the long run, it'll benefit customers.

4. There are some problems with build-in notepad app such as no response. Onxy is working on a newly designed notepad app. I was told the software infrastructure was totally redesigned, but I don't know when it'll be available.

F.Y.I.

Last edited by cqman; 05-29-2018 at 09:07 PM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Thank you for this news. I hope that all could be better software for the Max2.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
2. Onxy failed to persuade Microsoft to optimize OneNote for E Ink devices
In that case, we are very probably justified in enhancing and redistributing the working modification of that MS product.
I am not into note-taking, but I am available to support any effort towards fixing that product, time permitting.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They are still trying to find alternative solution
At this stage, the best is probably to open source the current note-taking code on github and promote improving it towards the full features (which I do not know) of other leading products.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
Thank you for the update. After seeing what they said on Facebook I was pretty sure we wouldn't see it before the end of April. Maybe by the time it comes out it will have better software. Glad to hear they are hiring!
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Such good news. Thank you for sharing.

I am very glad that there is so much interest in this device, and that Onyx is apparently going to be devoting more resources into making it even better.

Hopefully, other manufacturers will also take notice. Between Onyx and the ReMarkable, they are really showing that there is a substantial demand for such devices.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:55 AM   #7
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
Lots of new products coming from Onyx!
https://www.facebook.com/boox.fans/p...85494561542347
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #8
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFlak View Post
Lots of new products coming from Onyx!
https://www.facebook.com/boox.fans/p...85494561542347
Can anybody see if the new smaller devices have MicroSD and buttons (menu, back and arrows) - or if they are a terrible mistake?

Last edited by mdp; 04-11-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:08 AM   #9
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Update: the newly designed built-in notepad app is planned to release next month.

From an interview of the Onyx CEO, her big smile told me that huge amount of orders were waiting for her. But they are facing production capacity problem. In my opinion, they should make good use of the next one or two months to improve their software. As an E ink veteran I can bear with the buggy system, some newcomers won't for sure.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #10
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
In that case, we are very probably justified in enhancing and redistributing the working modification of that MS product.
I am not into note-taking, but I am available to support any effort towards fixing that product, time permitting.
Are you suggesting there are versions that will work with e-ink floating around out there?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:08 AM   #11
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Are you suggesting there are versions that will work with e-ink floating around out there?
I am suggesting that versions which work well on Onyx pen-driven systems may be produced just by enthusiast modding.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #12
Perry R
Perry R began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Thank you for the update, cqman. We need to find ways to persuade Microsoft for optimization of OneNote. Google+ had a community called Onenote for Android beta. It is 19,300 members strong. I will start my pleading there.
Perry R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:49 AM   #13
cqman
Groupie

Update:

1. Newly designed notepad app is released for internal beta test.
2. A new version of Mdict might be released as well.

Tips:
If you send an emaill to complaint about their notepad app, you might get their invitation to try the new version app.

Last edited by cqman; 05-10-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:24 AM   #14
cqman
Groupie

Update:

If the debugging of the new notepad app went smoothly, it'll be released very soon before the system update.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #15
alvises
alvises began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable, Boox Max2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Update:

If the debugging of the new notepad app went smoothly, it'll be released very soon before the system update.
Hi, I'm thinking to return my max2 'cause the Note app which is creating me tons of issues, like loosing notes. Since I have just few days left to return it, could you please tell me if you saw/tried the beta of the new note app and if it's a completely new app or just a patched version?

Thanks
alvises is offline   Reply With Quote