Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
ezjim
ezjim began at the beginning.

Device: astak EZReader PocketPro 5
Pocket Pro FAQ

As of Firmware Version V2.02ASTAK.091201

Fonts

The pocket pro will remember font settings in .mobi only if all the spaces are removed from the folder and filenames. Calibre can be used to do this in save preferences.

Bookmarking

.pdb and .txt files, bookmarks work fine and as per the simple method described in the user guide.
.pdf and .epub press a number in range 1 to 5 then press 6 to set bookmark (confirmation on bottom of screen). Hold down 6 for at least 5 seconds to bring up bookmarks. If does not work, try again and will take less time.
.mobi press 6, then menu then 1 to add or 2 to delete then select bookmark to action on
.lit too slow to bother with - I convert them all to mobi

Last edited by ezjim; 12-23-2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Updated
ezjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Done.

Title changed to reflect that it IS now a sticky. Also, title changed to reflect that you're talking about the Pocket Pro.

Thank you,
Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
For FB2 users on the Jinke/Astak/BeBook firmware. Using BookDesigner, and using a .TXT for the input file, you can successfully create a .FB2 that will work on the PP. Converting any other document (especially ones with pictures) will cause the book to automatically close when trying to load (this is the same when using Calibre). LBook firmware uses a much later FB2 parser and does not cause problems with embedded images or converting from another format.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezjim View Post
Example: the reader pro will remember font settings in .mobi only if all the spaces are removed from the folder and filenames. Calibre can be used to do this in save preferences.
Can you explain this in more detail: Is this the general settings from the mobi reader do you have to make changes in the mobi file itself?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
ezjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezjim View Post
As of Firmware Version V2.02ASTAK.091201

Fonts

The pocket pro will remember font settings in .mobi only if all the spaces are removed from the folder and filenames. Calibre can be used to do this in save preferences.
I will update this when I work out the trick. I have one mobi file that nothing is saved for, one where the font is saved but the zoom factor is not and another where both font and zoom factor is saved ok.
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
ezjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Can you explain this in more detail: Is this the general settings from the mobi reader do you have to make changes in the mobi file itself?
You can do this manually when you store the files on the reader ie filenames only and folder names and not the inernals of the .mobi file and not the reader config per se. Calibre will do this automatically under preferences / save options.

But I have found a few mobi files where this does not make any difference - I have have not yet analysed what the trigger for this strange behaviour is.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is the cover leather?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is the cover leather?
Some say no, I think it is.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've read reviews elsewhere that say the cover is faux leather (aka man-made leather). I don't have my PP yet so I couldn't tell you first hand if it's leather or not.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
I've read reviews elsewhere that say the cover is faux leather (aka man-made leather). I don't have my PP yet so I couldn't tell you first hand if it's leather or not.
I personally think it is faux leather, but real or not it is a nice cover. Feels very nice in the hands and despite nightly the clipping on/off of the book light I havent had it scratch.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I personally think it is faux leather, but real or not it is a nice cover. Feels very nice in the hands and despite nightly the clipping on/off of the book light I havent had it scratch.
It may be both. The outside seems like real leather but the inside liner seems like faux leather.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It's a nice case, just a horrid colour
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
omro, I've been considering putting neatsfoot oil on the cover to see if it'd darken a tad.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
It's a nice case, just a horrid colour
Horrid is a very strong word. It is the same color as some cows I have seen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #15
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Now that I've had my PP for over a week and have taken some time staring and poking at the case, I have some observations about it.

It looks like it's comprised of three layers. The thin outer layer seems to be dyed genuine leather. The middle layer may be foam or some soft pleather (gives the case some springyness). The inside layer is either a reverse leather (meaning the outside of the cow skin) or is some other felt-like engineered fabric.

Overall, it's a hard cover, rather than a soft cover. Not what I was expecting, hence my desire now to purchase a Stylz black soft cover.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote