Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
crazysmile
crazysmile began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
Question torrenting on the pocket edge

Is it feasible to torrent on the pocket edge? I have not rooted or done anything fancy other then updating it to the ermine beta off the entourage website. And I'm not talking anything hardcore running a ton of torrents. I just want to be able to get a new book/show while I'm gone for the weekend and then transfer the file back to my pc later to fulfill the seeding requirements.
crazysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I did a quick search which brought me here: link, it looks like there is one app that costs $5 and can't really download anything large. Aside from that there are a few people that recommend getting apps that will monitor your uTorrent on your PC, though it looks like you want to actually be able to download straight to your eDGe.

I should mention that piracy discussion is probably against the rules here, so I assume we're talking about things to legally torrent, such as Nasty Old People, among other things.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
crazysmile
crazysmile began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
I am a member of several golden age comic book fan sites where the properties have long since entered the public domain and that is mainly what I am concerned about torrenting. And the shows I want are mostly old silent movies or early cartoons like the Fleischer Superman cartoons that are also in the public domain. So yes the stuff I am getting is legal and a pain in the butt to find hard copies of sometimes.

Last edited by crazysmile; 07-25-2011 at 11:58 PM.
crazysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
There is a great torrent app called Swarm. If you are familiar with torrent sites, you will be able to get it. (Hint: Jack Sparrow)
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Yes

I tried Red Torrent. It worked once and stopped working. Currently using the tTorrent app. Works like a charm. Large files -- no problem. Available at SlideMe.

Last edited by archiegoodwin; 07-24-2011 at 01:48 PM.
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
I have had a lot of success with ttorrent. While I never got the searching function built within it to work (never really tried), I simply download the torrent file from my favorite sites and then opened it from es explorer.
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
eTurtle
Banned
eTurtle began at the beginning.

Device: Dualbook
Yes, tTorrent is an excellent app for downloading torrents. The free version limits you to 5 simultaneous active downloads, at no more than 250kbps transfer. That's a pretty generous "limit" and it certainly works for me! As it turns out, tTorrent seems to be the only torrent app that actually works.
eTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
v.0.8.3 tTorrent from SlideMe site

Pce
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote