Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 04:49 AM   #1
rocketfire
rocketfire began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Help. Kobo Wifi directional pad.

I know that it's a bit of old kit, but this one was given to me by a friend and it has a great deal of sentimental value.

The directional pad at the bottom right has almost completely disintegrated, and I cannot for the life of me find a replacement.

I was wondering if someone had a kobo wifi that that had an intact rubber pad but had some other fatal issue that they could put up on ebay or something and I could by. or if anyone knew of one? or just a replacement pad?

thanks!
rocketfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I got a used kobo wifi and the d-pad started to crumble. I just took it off completely and now use an soft eraser to press the contacts. So far that is working just fine.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quick update: The D-Pad gave out and basically the ereader is no longer any use as a ereader. Instead, I added some black and white pictures to the kobo and now use it as a picture viewer.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Another update: The battery began to rapidly sometimes after three days so after a while my kobo would just be showing a blank screen after getting tired of constantly charging. However, after charging it another time I found a setting to display cover when powered off. So now my new digital picture frame viewer can display images indefinitely when powered off.

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 11-18-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Tags
help kobo, help sought, kobo wifi, parts, replacement parts