Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #46
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
With the method outlined in the first post, the serial number will be kept. If you get an image from elsewhere, it will either have the serial number that was on the device the image came from, or it will have been modified to something else. For these images, you have to update the image with your own serial number.
Hi David, is updating the serial number in the .kobo/version file after using a supplied SD image sufficient or an edit needs to be made to the image itself before using it?

Thanks
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:22 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Hi David, is updating the serial number in the .kobo/version file after using a supplied SD image sufficient or an edit needs to be made to the image itself before using it?
No. That file is generated by the device at run time. The way I have done it is using a hex editor to on the image before writing it to the SD card. The serial number is at offset 0x200.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #48
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No. That file is generated by the device at run time. The way I have done it is using a hex editor to on the image before writing it to the SD card. The serial number is at offset 0x200.
Perfect, thank you very much.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:44 PM   #49
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
In order to dump the firmware, insert an SD with at least 2GB free (I suggest using a larger card…) in your Kobo, connect it to the PC and create an empty folder named KoboDump on the root of the SD.
How do I do this? Mini doesn't have an SD slot, but it says any Mark 4 device. Is there a hidden SD slot I don't know about? Thanks.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:19 AM   #50
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
How do I do this? Mini doesn't have an SD slot, but it says any Mark 4 device. Is there a hidden SD slot I don't know about? Thanks.
This thread is quite old and I don't work on hacking Kobos since a lot of time... I'm afraid it won't work anymore and on newer devices...

/M
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote