Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
moransami
moransami began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
all file conversions now failing

Hi, all.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've been using Calibre for about a month and currently have nearly 800 books in my Calibre library. I have had a few conversions fail over the last few weeks, but they seemed to be specific problems with individual files, not a problem that occurred with all conversion processes.

A couple of days ago my file conversions started failing. First it was just choking on my PDF files, but before too long even LIT and txt file conversions were unsuccessful, although these conversion processes didn't actually fail, they just never finished.

I upgraded Calibre to the most recent version this morning, and now all of my conversion processes fail. All of 'em. I'm getting a funky message for all file conversions:

Python function terminated unexpectedly
No module named gui2.convert.gui_conversion (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 84, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 71, in get_func
ImportError: No module named gui2.convert.gui_conversion

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is it possible that I'm hitting a problem because of the number of books I've added to my Calibre library?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Sami Moran
moransami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Strange - looks like a problem with the install as it is reporting a missing file that is part of calibre.

The number of books is definitely not an issue. 800 is on the smaller size for a library. I have over 10,000 and I have seen reports of others with 30,000 or more.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstall. delete c:\Program files\calibre and c:\Program Files\calibre2 and re-install
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote