Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 AM   #1
price
price began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Question Is it possible to have a pocket shorcut on the new home screen?

Hi, I find it extremely inconvenient to open pocket with the new home screen. You need to open the menu and then tap "my articles".
So, is it possible to replace some parts of the home screen with a shortcut of pocket? e.g., when tapping "shop kobo" or "wishlist" on the bottome of the screen, it will jump to pocket articles.
price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:03 AM   #2
codychan
Connoisseur
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
That's a good idea, it is much more convenient for users who use Pocket a lot.

I don't know if this can be done in patch.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Evangelist
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
I'd like this, too!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post
Hi, I find it extremely inconvenient to open pocket with the new home screen. You need to open the menu and then tap "my articles".
So, is it possible to replace some parts of the home screen with a shortcut of pocket? e.g., when tapping "shop kobo" or "wishlist" on the bottome of the screen, it will jump to pocket articles.
I don't use Pocket, or any other wi-fi option, myself. Are you saying that it currently takes 2-taps to get to the Pocket list, no matter where you currently are?

Does access to Pocket ever appear as one of the ever-changing options in the Home screen row3-column2 position? If it does, you could ask geek1011 (in the kobopatch request thread) whether there is a way to reduce those cycling options to a list of one. However, even if this was possible, you would still need 2-taps to access Pocket if you weren't already on the Home screen, so it doesn't sound like much of an improvement.

Have I misunderstood how it currently works?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
price
price began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't use Pocket, or any other wi-fi option, myself. Are you saying that it currently takes 2-taps to get to the Pocket list, no matter where you currently are?

Does access to Pocket ever appear as one of the ever-changing options in the Home screen row3-column2 position? If it does, you could ask geek1011 (in the kobopatch request thread) whether there is a way to reduce those cycling options to a list of one. However, even if this was possible, you would still need 2-taps to access Pocket if you weren't already on the Home screen, so it doesn't sound like much of an improvement.

Have I misunderstood how it currently works?
yeah, sounds you are right...
price is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 02:20 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I'd like this, too!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

Does access to Pocket ever appear as one of the ever-changing options in the Home screen row3-column2 position?

Unfortunately, no
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #7
Cootey
Groupie
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kindle Paperwhite 7, iPad Air, iPhone Xs
I miss this feature. I use Pocket all the time. Until recently, it would occupy the bottom right section where "Collections" now resides. Now I have to hunt for it, too.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
maximus83
Groupie
maximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Forma, Android, PC
Agree with the OP, immediate access on the home screen would be handy. I dug into the Kobo .config file to search for options to manually change settings, but no luck.

The 2-tap option is workable though: Main Menu > Articles
maximus83 is online now   Reply With Quote