Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Library Maintenance Problem

Hi,
I have a very large database which is split over several libraries. I have run the Library check at odd times over many years and have had no problems on the initial run, a few on the second phase but nothing major. I have checked all my separate libraries and it is only the main Calibre library (naturally the largest!). I show an error report here:

calibre, version 3.35.0
ERROR: Failed: Database integrity check failed, click Show details for details.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\check_library.py", line 51, in vacuum
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 63, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 2053, in vacuum
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1116, in vacuum
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 845, in execute
File "c:\t\t\apsw-bdov6u\apsw-3.23.1-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Can someone help with this hopefully telling me that there are fixes possible without any major heart attacks involved!

Thanks

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
disable your antivirus while you run the check
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 04:22 AM   #3
mitch13
Groupie

Hi Kovid,

Closed down virus apps. Same Result. Thought it might be as my other 6 libraries checked out OK

Cheers

mitch13
Old 12-21-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try opening the database with something like DB Browser for SQLite, and see what happens when you browse around. If it throws an error then its highly probable the db is genuinely corrupt.

Do you have any library backups? If so might be an idea to restore the latest one.

You could try rebuilding the database with via Library maintenance->Restore database and do the Check Library again.

Corruption of SQLite databases is very, very rare, almost always due to hardware faults. So aftre rebuilding the database I suggest you backup your data and run some diagnostic tests on your hard drive, it maybe on the point of catastrophic failure.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
mitch13
Groupie

Thanks Better Red.

Will try those suggestions.

mitch13
Advert
Old 01-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #6
mitch13
Groupie

Better Red,

Loaded Calibre library into DB Browser for SQLite without a problem.
How can I tell if there is a problem through this proram? Would it not load if it was corrupted?
If it OK in SQLite what now?

Thanks

mitch13
Old 01-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
Better Red,

How can I tell if there is a problem through this proram? Would it not load if it was corrupted?
Not sure, that's why I said look around, i.e. expand some of the items in the Database structure Tab, and some different Tables in the Browse tab, there a Table selection button at the top.

But the solution will be to use the Library maintenance->Database restore tool. That will build a new database from the metadata.opf files in the book folders. Then run Library maintenance->Check library tool and resolve any anomalies.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
You probably should run an integrity check. In DB Browser, go to the "Execute SQL" tab and enter:
Code:
PRAGMA integrity_check
The result will be "ok" if there are no problems. If there are problems, there will be details of the problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote