Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
hacksxor
hacksxor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation Kindle Voyage serial port full dump and reflashing

Hi everyone,

First of all I apologize for my English.

I have a Kindle voyage jailbreaked through the serial port, and it worked without problems, a few weeks ago I was traveling, and my Kindle ran out of battery and I enter a cycle of restarts with the screen frozen.

I think that the file system was corrupted slightly, and that it can be recovered with the fsck command, however I have tried to access the serial port, but I only get access to uboot, fastboot, etc. that is, it does not get to load linux or its commands.

I want to know if it is possible to back up the information in any way, make a full memory dump to recover my information.

I found several links to repair kindle paperwhite, but not for Kindle voyage, is it possible to repair my kindle as described in these links?
In other words, are paperwhite images compatible?

https://gist.github.com/TobiasWooldr...ca75190b9a473f

and this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBquDhGZXoU

My question is because these files are for the paperwhite version, and my kindle is voyage.

I think this is the last resource, reflashing, but I would like to repair the partition if possible.

for example run linux from ram and repair the partition.

I appreciate your help, comments and suggestions.
hacksxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Never mind

Last edited by shalym; 05-16-2018 at 07:37 AM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
1) DO NOT try to install a different model's firmware (even if you could figure out how to do it. The official image packages are model-locked for a reason).

2) To get fsck to run, just connect the Kindle to a wall charger and re-boot it.
The boot-up routine will test, and correct as required, any file system errors.
BIG NOTE: fschk'ing eMMC takes a long time (if there are errors), so you must leave it on the wall charger until it completes its boot-up (which may take a week or longer).

STOP at this point and do not proceed until a week to ten days has past.

3) DO NOT use the "Erase All" command found in some of the various start-up stages.
It does what it says, it does work, you will be very, very sorry if you try it out.

4) You can get the full system image for the 'main' operating system from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201630670
Alter the version number in the download link found on that page for any other firmware version.

= = = =

If the above is ALL followed, and the device is not 'fixed', then enable the 'capture' feature of the terminal emulator you are using on the serial port, re-boot, and when it finishes going as far as it will go, post the resulting 'capture log file' as a compressed attachment to your next post (in a week or two).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastboot, kindle voyage, reflashing, serial port, uboot