Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Any way to show "printed" book pages number?

Hello.

Koreader is great, and the more I use it the more I like it.

There is a feature I don't find and that would be useful for me: is there a way to show the "real" page number of a book, I mean not the page I currently read on the eReader, but the page on the printed copy, like Nickel reader does by default, showing the number on the right of the text when you reach the end of a page...

I find this information to be valuable to be able to move between an eBook and a paperback copy, or to takes notes about a book, with a page number not related to my device or font size...

Thanks
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:49 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I'm not an expert on this, but it looks like it is question of ebook format.

ePub doesn't have fixed pages, not in most cases AFAIK. PDF usually have.

I don't use nickel, so I'm not sure how it works there, how nickel could guess how printed book would look like (i.e. there could be wide choice of fonts, font sizes, spacing...).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The EPUB 2 spec provides for this feature via a pageList in the NCX.

Edit: And Adobe has a similar way of doing it using a page-map. However both rely on the publisher providing the page data, so the ereader needs to have a way to synthesise the page numbers if the publisher has forgotten to include them. Most publishers don't bother to provide a pageList or page-map, so what you see in the Kobo ereaders is usually the synthetic page numbers.

Last edited by GeoffR; 09-01-2016 at 04:53 AM. Reason: ... rely on the publisher providing the page data ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #4
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Thank you, I'll check on the ePub file to see if those are the real pages or guessed by the device
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote