Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Firmware beta test

New firmware incoming.
Beta test will be available in a few days.

http://blog.bookeen.com/cybook-odyss...a-beta-tester/
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
This is very nice indeed. I accidentally broke my old Odyssey last sunday and briefly considered changing to other reader. Then I noticed this news about new firmware. I then ordered this HD frontlight version. I have to say that the browser is not the best I have used, but it can be of some use. I am writing this message with it.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Has anyone received the download-link for this beta test yet?
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
Has anyone received the download-link for this beta test yet?
Yes, me three days ago. But in the meanwhile, i've sold my odyssey.

Beta firmware will become available via OTA and i think[1]
it's "device-specific":

(Quote)

This is to confirm the availability of the beta test on your Cybook.
To install the firmware, kindly :
• let the Cybook charge for at least 2 hours
• if available in the Cybook, remove the SD card
• connect the Cybook via Wi-Fi (press on the library) and accept the firmware installation.

(EndQuote)

[1]: they requested my Ody serialnumber.

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertphava View Post
Yes, me three days ago. But in the meanwhile, i've sold my odyssey.

Beta firmware will become available via OTA and i think[1]
it's "device-specific":

(Quote)

This is to confirm the availability of the beta test on your Cybook.
To install the firmware, kindly :
• let the Cybook charge for at least 2 hours
• if available in the Cybook, remove the SD card
• connect the Cybook via Wi-Fi (press on the library) and accept the firmware installation.

(EndQuote)

[1]: they requested my Ody serialnumber.

HP
Thank you. I usually don't have the device connected to the WiFi.
It's updating just now.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Lupin
Enthusiast

I have joined beta testing. Cybook update went smoothly.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
Thank you. I usually don't have the device connected to the WiFi.
It's updating just now.

I was in the first wave. I Love the changes
Old 08-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
I peeled off the sticker with my serial number a long time ago but it's nice to see the device is still supported.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard

You can find you serial number. In the about page if my memory is correct.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:46 AM   #10
Tosch
Enthusiast
Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: pocketbook, sony, bookeen
Unfortunately, Bookeen has rejected my request for the firmware. Reason: I bought my unit in Germany at Thalia.

The Support Team wrote: "Unfortunately as of now we are unable to provide the Beta version to Thalia customers.
Thanks for your understanding."

Last edited by Tosch; 09-20-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Tosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #11
Lupin
Enthusiast

Your Odyssey probably has some custom software for Thalia's bookstore and possibly something else too. I tried to use Adlibris' book store with my Cybook, but that does not work with vanilla firmware. Maybe Thalia and other similar sellers provide "their" equipment with new custom firmware bundle once Bookeen finalizes the base and they have modified their custom software for the new firmware version.

Last edited by Lupin; 10-11-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo fixing
Old 06-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

And an other beta test :
http://blog.bookeen.com/cybook-updat...-beta-testers/
Old 06-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Cochon d'Inde?
Vitamin C deficiency.
Bookeen?
Let me count the ways.
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #14
EowynCarter
Wizard

What ???
Old 02-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #15
Flinx
Connoisseur
Flinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Cybook Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
The Cybooks from Thalia (Germany) get this update now.
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote